Deputy Commissioner Jobs, Other Professions In Kenya, KRA Jobs
Position: Deputy Commissioner
Provide leadership in the formulation and implementation of academic strategies, policies and standards at KESRA.
- Developing and supervising the Academic calendar and academic schedules of KESRA
- Supervision of Teaching including planning for academic programs, preparation of syllabuses and their regulations, timetables, examinations, research processes, certificates and transcripts and graduation, library services and students attachments and training of Academic staff. This role shall be delivered through Campus Principals, chief managers and the Registrar and other managers
- Supervision of students affairs which include admissions, records, student welfare, counselling and discipline
- Supervision of academic support services which include library services, co-ordination of the allocation of resources for academic purposes and safety in teaching areas
- Supervision of the academic staff appraisals
- Chairing of the KESRA Academic Board
- Supervision of other boards under the office of the DC (A&SA) including Campus Academic Boards
- Chairing of the KESRA Academic Disciplinary committees
- Oversee the Research and Consultancy section and ensuring that projects under taken generate income and build positive image for KESRA
- Must possess an earned doctorate in a relevant field,
- Must have at least Eight (8) years work experience in a similar environment of which at least Five(5) years will have been at Senior management level managing academic processes
- Membership with a relevant professional body
- Should have demonstrated academic leadership appropriate for this level.
- Proven track record of exemplary work performance
- KRA behavioural competencies
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strategic leadership and management
- Strong business and external environment awareness
- Decision making skills
- Focused and result oriented individual
- Interpersonal skills.
- Analytical skills
- Positive attitude
- High integrity
- Team Player
- Ability to share and transfer knowledge to others and reuse shared knowledge.
How to Apply