Deputy Commissioner Jobs, Legal Jobs In Kenya, KRA Jobs
Position: Deputy Commissioner, Conveyance and Legal Research
Oversees the Functions and Operations of the Conveyance and Legal Research Division, providing and guiding all legal advice on matters affecting the Authority, preparation of legal documents, vetting of fiscal budget proposals, provision of conveyance and legal research services.
- Guide formulation and oversee implementation of strategies for the Conveyance and Legal Research
- Lead and Manage the Conveyance and Legal Research
- Oversee the preparation of the Division’s work plan and budgets.
- Review and advise management on legal implications of internal policies and procedures referred for advise.
- Monitor compliance with agreed systems and procedures to enhance efficient and effective prevention and execution of business risks.
- Interpret relevant legislation and advise Management and relevant Departments on changes in Law.
- Provide guidance in research and review of legislation that impact on KRA and recommend any necessary amendments.
- Collaborate and manage stakeholder engagements.
- Make legislative proposals on amendments of fiscal laws.
- Guide the preparation of Memoranda of Understanding, bilateral and multilateral legal instruments with tax implications.
- Promote career and continuous professional development of staff in the Division.
- Monitor the general performance of staff in the Division.
- Bachelor’s degree in Law (LLB).
- A Post graduate diploma in Law.
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya.
- Possess a valid Practicing Certificate (LSK).
- Computer literate.
- Leadership, Management and Governance courses.
- Master’s degree in a relevant discipline will be an added advantage.
- 12 years post admission experience in commercial law and litigation practice, 6 of which should be in a senior management position in a comparable organization.
- Strong administrative, managerial and leadership skills
- Excellent decision making skills and capabilities
- Excellent planning, organizational and analytical skills
- Resilient, focused and results oriented.
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Motivated, dynamic and dedicated team player.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships.
How to Apply