Deputy Director For Public Works Jobs, Director Jobs In Kenya, Mandera County Jobs
Mandera County Public Service Board invites applications from suitable and qualified Kenya Citizens to fill the following vacant positions as per the constitution of Kenya 2010 and County Government Act No 17 of 2012.
DEPUTY-DIRECTOR FOR PUBLIC WORKS- JG “Q” ONE (1) POST-VACANCY NO. MCG/MCPSB/DPW/24/12/19/09
Terms of service –permanent and pensionable
- Provision of public works planning services;
- Development and maintenance of public buildings;
- Maintenance of inventory of county government property buildings;
- Provision of mechanical and electrical services (building services);
- Prequalification of contractors and materials suppliers at the county level;
- Prequalification of architects and quantity surveyors;
- Provision of architectural services and other public works;
- Work on architectural projects within the county including client liaison and design;
- Assist the county in the day to day operations of the county design;
- Provides various pre-design services;
- Take responsibility of time management of assigned jobs;
- Attend meetings and provide reports to the Director on a regular basis regarding the progress of individual
- Develop and recommend policy options and alternatives for consideration by the County;
- Review plans prepared by private firms for accuracy, design completeness and conformance to laws and County design
For appointment to this job, a candidate must have:
- Be Kenyan citizen;
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines; structural Engineering, Architecture, Quantity survey or any equivalent qualification from a recognized university in Kenya;
- Must have relevant knowledge, experience and a distinguished career in Engineering services of five (5) in the public service or equivalent in the private sector;
- Must have been registered with Board of Registration of Architects and Quantity Surveyors (BORAQS) of Kenya as a Quantity Surveyor or Engineering Board of Kenya;
- Must have Current valid annual Practicing Licence from the Board of Registration of Architects and Quantity Surveyors (BORAQS) of Kenya or Engineers Registration Board of Kenya;
- Must be in good professional standing of not less than two (2) years post Board registration;
- Master’s degree in a related field is an added advantage;
- Have sound technical knowledge of architectural project delivery;
- Demonstrate progressively, expertise in the areas of design, presentation and technical skills;
- Proficiency with Auto CAD/civil 3 Dimensions;
- Computer literacy using Microsoft office products and presentation software;
- Satisfied the requirement of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010;
- Demonstrated self-drive and proven leadership;
- Certificate in management or supervisory course lasting not less than four (4)
How to Apply
Interested applicant should fill in application form and attach copies of Certificates, Testimonials and Identity Card.The Form can be downloaded from Mandera County Website www.mandera.go.ke or obtained from Mandera County Public Service Board office, All Sub County Administrators Office in Mandera County.
Detailed of job descriptions, duties and requirements for appointments for the above positions can be obtained from the County website www.mandera.go.ke
All Chapter Six Clearance documents must also be attached to the employment application form.
No Online applications will be accepted.
The Board will not accept any other form of application except Mandera County employments application form stated above.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Mandera County Government is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women, youth and Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Any form of canvasing and giving false information in employment application form will lead to automatic disqualification
Application should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left side indicating position being applied for and vacancy number and;-
Mandera County Public Service Board,
P.O. Box 356-70300, Mandera.
Applications should reach the County Public Service Board on or before Monday 13th, January 2020 by 4.00p.m. Or by hand delivered to the office of the County Public Service Board at Mandera Vocational Training Centre.