English & Drama Teacher Jobs, Teaching Jobs in Kenya, Greensteds International School Jobs
Greensteds School is situated 140 km north of Nairobi, in the heart of Kenya’s Rift Valley and within ten minutes’ drive of Lake Nakuru National Park.
The School is set in a rural secluded, 50-acre site and is one of the leading International boarding schools in Kenya serving internationally minded parents all over the world.
Job & Person Specification: Teacher of Drama and English
- The opportunity has arisen to appoint an outstanding and inspirational practitioner who has the drive and ability to inspire our students to their best, leading Drama across the School.
- The Drama department boasts an impressive track record at both GCSE and A-Level.
- The department has a strong influence throughout the School and, whilst focused on the Senior School, the successful candidate will be expected to foster close ties with the Junior School, English department and the extracurricular programme.
- The willingness, experience and ability to lead the production of Whole School theatre is a must.
- We are looking for a forward-thinking teacher who is able to contribute to this thriving department.
- A successful track record in teaching English as a second language (ESL) would also be advantageous, as would experience and success in teaching English language and literature in Key Stage 3.
- We are a non-selective school with a relatively wide ability range.
- Being able to inspire pupils of all abilities
- The post holder will be accountable to the Head of English and Deputy Head- Academic.Qualifications
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Education (B.Ed.) preferably in English and Literature or in Drama or related field and a teaching qualification. Relevant Master’s Degree will be an added advantage
- Experience in teaching the National Curriculum of England and Wales up to A-Level.
- High level of creativity and experience in heading a department/faculty in a BNC school
- Have or apply for an ICPC or Good Conduct Certificate
- Willingness to contribute fully to the boarding and extracurricular life of a busy, full boarding
school.How to Apply
Dateline is 29th January 2020