Equipment Operator Cargo Jobs, Airline Jobs In Kenya, Kenya Airways Jobs
Position: Equipment Operator Cargo
To operate ground handling equipment (GHE) in accordance with company safety and operating procedures and in compliance with regulatory authorities while ensuring healthy, safe and secure work practices. Key duties and responsibilities will include;
- Operating handling equipment to support the needs of the business.
- Ensuring the serviceability of equipment prior to and after use to ensure safety and serviceability of equipment.
- Maintaining required levels of certification/Licensing to ensure safe and effective use of equipment. Any certification expiry should be reported to the line manager.
- To ensure safety and security of cargo operations follows relevant legislative /industry requirements.
- Understand and apply all identified and applicable risk control measures. Assist with identification of hazards within operations/work areas and report to Duty controller as soon as identified.
- Adhere to healthy, safety and secure working environment in compliance with the relevant industry regulatory and legislative requirements, company procedures, regulatory authorities and requirements of customer airlines
- Ensuring conformity with all regulatory requirements, organization standards and local procedures as well as requirements of customer airlines
- Identifying and report hazards, near misses, incidents and accidents.
- Attending all required trainings in order to have valid and current licenses and certifications at all times in compliance to regulations.
- Performing risk assessment and implementing risk management processes on respective equipment under him/her and be aware of the risks and control measures in place to be observed.
- To ensure effective internal and external communications and reporting to facilitate planning and control of equipment and reporting on serviceability.
- Ensuring consistent serviceability of equipment in accordance with Government regulations.
- To prepare and report accurately on equipment issues relating to government requirements to avoid violations which result to penalties.
- O Level achievement of a minimum of C plain.
- Experience 3 years in warehousing/distribution
- Valid Driving License categories BCDE
- Appropriate experience/certification to operate GHE
- A minimum of 3 years accident free driving.
- Must possess a certificate of Good conduct
- Must be cost and service conscious
- Unquestionable integrity
- Aviation Security
- SMS Training
- Airside Safety Training
- Airside Driver training
- Dangerous Goods training Category 8
- Management of ULD training
- Knowledgeable on non-motorized and GSE motorized equipment operations
- Aware of initial ULD Regulations
How to Apply
Click here to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.