Farm Manager Jobs, Other Professions, Chuka University Jobs
Chuka University, the second Public University to be chartered, located in a serene breathtaking scenery 186 Kms from Nairobi, invites suitably qualified, highly competent and self-driven candidates to fill the following position:
FARM MANAGER GRADE 12 1 POST REF: CU/AD/11/1/2020
- Must have a Master’s degree in Agriculture or equivalent with 3 years relevant work experience and exemplary work performance in farm
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture (Farm Management) from a recognized institution with 5 years of relevant work experience and excellent work performance
- Knowledge of Human Resource Management and budgeting will be a definite advantage
- Supervising all farm workers
- Coordinating farm activities
- Budgeting for production
- Marketing of farm produce
- Maintaining knowledge of pest and diseases
- Protecting environment and maintaining biodiversity
- Planning finance against budget parameters
- Buying supplies
- Drive tractor and other farm machines
- Maintenance of farm buildings and machinery/equipment
- Understand implication of weather and making contingency plans
- Planning of trainee staff training and Mentoring them
- Ensuring products are ready and setting deadline for marketing and auction
- Ensuring farm activities comply with government regulations
- Monitoring animal health and welfare
- Applying health and safety standards across the farm
- Monitoring and documenting all produce and land use to meet funding requirements
- Keeping up to date financial records
Interested applicants are advised to visit Chuka University website at www.chuka.ac.ke
for the conditions for eligibility, requirements and other details for all the positions.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit ten (10) copies of application letters giving details of their age, Education and professional qualifications, detailed work experience, present post and salary, applicant’s day telephone and email address, and enclosing duly certified copies of certificates and testimonials and giving names and addresses of three (3) referees who are knowledgeable about the applicants’ competence accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae.
Applicants should request their referees to write and send their confidential recommendation letters on their behalf directly to the undersigned. The name and the reference number of the position for which application is made should be clearly indicated on the envelope.
Applications should reach the undersigned not later than Friday 31st January, 2020 at 5 p.m.
P.O Box 109-60400
Chuka University is an equal opportunity employer. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply
Must Read>>> How To Write A CV For A Career Change