Field Officer Jobs, NGO Jobs In Kenya, Care International Jobs
Position: Field Officer
Location: Laisamis, Marsabit
Reporting to the Project Manager, the Field Officer-Market Linkage will train Community Based Facilitators (CBFs) on financial inclusion, market development and linkage between different market players and will continuously support the CBFs to meet the project deliverables which includes training, building confidence of beneficiaries, identifying, planning and managing household income generation activities and relevant technical skill development among others. In addition, the officer will support in monitoring the performance of new and existing VSLA groups in Laisamis Sub
Market Development Linkage
- Lobbying the County Government to prioritize livestock market information system and market development
- Identify wholesalers with Common Interest Group(CIG) for petty trade,
- Negotiate price stability with wholesalers
- Develop MOU with identified and agreed wholesalers and link the petty traders
- Form CIGs for the main IGAs
- Link livestock CIG with KLMC and any other player in the space for the interest of the project participants
Monitoring of Project activities and reporting
- Maintain appropriate data on project implementation as per the project monitoring and evaluation plan.
- Compile reports as and when necessary
- Internally: Financial Inclusion Sector, Graduation Project Manager.
- Externally: Project stakeholders-Donors, GOK especially the county government, other INGOs/NGOs, private sector – especially Equity Bank, input suppliers, output market points and service providers
- Bachelor degree in Business/ Commerce related field, Social sciences or Community Development.
- A grasp of socio cultural economic issues with respect to poverty, savings, and enterprise development in rural settings.
- Business Development knowledge
- Sustainable Market and value chain development
- Diplomacy, tact and negotiating skills
- Training/coaching/ Facilitation skills
- The ability to work independently, think innovatively and strategically and work effectively within a team
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Ability to speak the local language of Samburu and Rendille
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and deadlines
- Knowledge of participatory approaches
How to apply
MUST READ >>> Simple Ways To Help You Secure A Job