Finance Manager Jobs, Finance Jobs In Kenya, Heifer International Jobs
Position: Finance manager
Job ID: 71a
Heifer International is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identify, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Accountable to provide substantive support for financial aspects of grant funded programs/projects. Accountable for the maintenance grant compliance and financial management, budgeting, and related systems. Accountable to implement best-practices in grant management and compliance and perform guided assessments of controls related to project financial activities, reporting and compliance. Accountable to monitor and facilitate control of project budgets, provide critical analysis of burn-rates to facilitate project management and change, and maintain clear communication with Programs and key implementing and/or funding partners. Accountable to apply and reinforce application of standards, policies and procedures.
- Support the Programs in pre-award grant proposal development, review and negotiation.
- Provide support on post-award financial and accounting management to ensure compliance with donor agreements.
- Partner closely with the Department Head to chart the teams response to an ever-increasing demand for financial support and services.
- Proposal budget review and/or preparation
- Coordinate and monitor project burn-rates
- Monitor compliance with grant agreements.
- Monitor and/or prepare accurate and timely donor reporting, dashboards and other key donor deliverables
- Provide Programs with input on key financial aspects of programs/projects
- Complement ongoing documentation and implementation of industry standard grant management and compliance procedures
- Preparation and maintenance of accurate and timely periodic reporting, dashboards and other key deliverables to senior management
- Coordinate project budgeting and reforecasting among the Country program teams; manage cashflows efficiently; Regular and timely expenditure review
- Monitor donor agreement reporting dates and respond to compliance inquiries related to donor request.
- Monitor regulatory and organizational compliance of project financial activities within the country program offices and support consolidation of financial statements.
- Continuously monitor and assess adequacy of country systems and procedures for transparent accounting, financial management and reporting.
- Coordinate and/or perform internal reviews to eliminate or reduce fraud opportunities, performing assurance and monitoring procedures.
- Facilitate independent external audits and other agreed-upon procedures as assigned, including auditor scheduling and communications, financial information requests, internal control questionnaires and follow-up
- Support implementation and institutionalization of Heifer’s enterprise resource planning (ERP) system, including capturing and sharing of best practices for cross-area replication and support.
- May perform other job-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Management Accounting, Business Administration, or related field, plus seven (7) years of related experience or master’s degree plus five (5) years of related experience.
- Experience in a donor-funded international development environment with compliance requirements of the U.S. government and institutional funders for international development, such USAID, EU, IFAD, DFID, mega-foundations and others.
- Project management experience, with project management certification a plus.
- Supervisory experience a plus.
- Knowledge of the NGO business sector, including compliance requirements of the government; Knowledge of institutional funders for international development, a plus.
- Ability to navigate financial and non-financial data gathering and analytics; technically adept with ability to quickly learn and maximize usage of technology and software; effective user of Microsoft Office Suite with good skill in MS Excel.
- Effective communicator and influencer with ability to clearly convey complex financial issues in a clear format for non-finance professions, motivating continuous and collaborative improvement.
- Proficient in the local country generally accepted accounting principles and fiscal statutes.
Essential Job Functions and Physical Demands
- Ability to work under pressure, perform multiple tasks and manage consistently competing priorities; comfortable in rapidly changing environment. Must be flexible and able to improvise to handle a variety of situations.
- Ability to effectively mentor and train individuals and teams using participatory methodologies. Strong facilitation skills preferred.
- Ability to work with delicate personnel situations and to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to maintain close relationships and work with team members from a distance and with limited opportunity for personal interaction.
- Constant sitting and working at a computer for extended periods of time.
- Constant face-to-face, electronic and telephone communication with colleagues and the general public.
- Ability to prepare documents and other materials in a well-designed and attractive format, with attention to detail
- Willingness and ability to work outside of normal business hours.
- Ability and willingness to travel both domestically and internationally.
- Adequate physical condition necessary to travel to project sites in rural areas.
How to Apply