Global Head of Operational Excellence Jobs, Sokowatch Jobs
Sokowatch is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. By connecting small merchants to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services previously unavailable to informal businesses. Sokowatch aims to provide everything a retailer needs, no wholesalers or banks necessary.
We’re looking for an exceptional leader who is excited about unlocking the potential of the informal economy and inspired by our mission to empower the local merchants responsible for over $600 billion of sales across Africa every year. This leader will define the Objectives & Key Results (OKRs) for every department across our team in direct collaboration with the CEO. You will then manage the daily review process of OKRs across the entire team, and lead the effort to diagnose and address areas in which we are falling behind target. You are a proven leader with extensive startup and business experience in Africa who can work across functions to drive improvements across any aspect of the business necessary.
Initial onboarding will take place in Nairobi, though the role can eventually be based in any of our current and upcoming markets below with travel expected at least 50% of the time:
- Kenya (Nairobi, Mombasa, Nakuru, Eldoret)
- Tanzania (Dar es Salaam, Arusha, Mwanza)
- Rwanda (Kigali)
- Uganda (Kampala)
- Côte d’Ivoire (Abidjan)
- Senegal (Dakar)
- Ghana (Accra)
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Help define and implement overall company strategy & targets in direct collaboration with the CEO
- Own the target setting and performance accountability of each department
- Work closely with senior leaders, identify challenges and propose solutions to enable teams to reach their targets
- Partner with company leadership to define clear, achievable OKRs and support teams in their management and execution of them
- Recommend best practices based on past experience, research, frameworks, design patterns, and visionary thinking.
- Use stakeholder feedback to inform necessary improvements and adjustments to overall strategy
The successful candidate will possess:
- 5+ years experience in startups and/or management consulting in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Extremely process-oriented mindset with highly organized workflows
- Ability to work effectively among senior leaders, including exceptional listening skills and a talent for reading between the lines to tease out needs and problems
- Ability to lead and manage senior leaders both in-person and remotely
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to think outside the box
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- French and Swahili language abilities a plus
How To Apply
To apply for this position please submit your CV and a brief statement of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org by 29th February 2020 clearly indicating the position on the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Quick Read>>>How To Write a Sales CV Career Objective