Global Head of Data Analytics Jobs, Logistics Jobs in Kenya, Sokowatch Jobs
Sokowatch is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. By connecting small merchants to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services previously unavailable to informal businesses. Sokowatch aims to provide everything a retailer needs, no wholesalers or banks necessary.
We’re looking for an exceptional leader who is excited to partner with other teams to identify opportunities, prioritize problems and inform decisions. You are passionate about data science and analyzing complex problems with data. With the goal of supplying billions of dollars of goods to over one million merchants across dozens of countries by 2024, you have the expertise on how to manage, extrapolate, and effectively communicate the data required to reach this level of scale. Beyond technical abilities, you also know how to lead an effective and efficient team of data scientists and analysts to implement increasingly complex projects while delivering projects on-time. We are seeking someone who is passionate about unlocking the potential of the informal economy through data, and inspired by our mission to empower the local merchants responsible for over $600 billion of sales across Africa every year.
Can be based in any of our current and upcoming markets below with travel expected at least 30% of the time:
- India (city TBD)
- Kenya (Nairobi, Mombasa)
- Tanzania (Dar es Salaam, Arusha)
- Rwanda (Kigali)
- Uganda (Kampala)
- Côte d’Ivoire (Abidjan)
- Senegal (Dakar)
- Ghana (Accra)
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create and eventually oversee all data sourcing, architecture, storage, and analysis processes
- Evangelize data-driven decision-making across all teams and help define and implement overall company strategy as a member of our executive team
- Increase the visibility of data through reports, dashboards, etc to monitor all aspects of the business
- Maintain and evolve data models based based on customer purchase behavior and use of various services
- Build and manage a team of data engineers, business analysts and reporting engineers according to the company’s crucial business needs while preventing overengineering and scope creep
- Recommend best practices based on past experience, research, frameworks, design patterns, and visionary thinking
- Establish quality assurance and reliability standards
- Monitor KPIs to assess team’s performance
- Use stakeholder feedback to inform necessary improvements and adjustments to technology systems
The successful candidate will possess:
- 8+ years in data-related role in a growth-stage startup environment in e-commerce, logistics, or fintech. At least 3+ years in significant management role
- Strong educational background in computer science/data
- Ability to build from the ground-up world-class data systems for a fast-growing tech company
- Demonstrated track record of influencing organizations with clear communication of relevant data and strategy.
How To Apply
To apply for this position please submit your CV and a brief statement of interest to email@example.com by 29th February 2020 clearly indicating the position on the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Quick Read>>>How To Write a Sales CV Career Objective