Position: Grants Finance Specialist
The Finance Advisory Services (FAS) team is made up of in-country analysts that are the trusted advisors to country leadership teams in the area of financial planning, accounting and sustainability as well as global support analysts who lead the org-wide budgeting, strategic planning, and reporting functions.
The Grants Finance team sits within FAS and works with both our finance and fundraising teams to support our $70M+ annual portfolio of grants. This entails: creation of grant project budgets, facilitation of grant reporting and compliance, as well as our internal fundraising projections and data-driven strategy.
This role will be responsible for supporting grants finance with a focus on grant database management and grants reporting. In particular:
- Creating, updating and maintaining grant information (restrictions, payment schedules, projected revenue, etc) in our database system (Salesforce)
- Preparing donor budget reports and reporting to both internal and external stakeholders on grant spend vs budget
- Ensuring donor requirements are identified, coordinated with program leads, and met according to donor compliance demands
- Liaising with the fundraising team to keep key internal stakeholders informed on grant progress and compliance
- Improving our current grant tracking systems and databases in order to further automate and simplify our ability to report accurately and on time
Career Growth & Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are seeking an exceptional professional with experience in financial grants management and/or financial data and systems work, and ideally a demonstrated passion for our mission. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Strong educational background with at least 2-3 year work experience; Bachelor’s in Business/Finance/ International development preferred
- Experience in grants management or systems/database management, particularly in the financial sector
- Proven experience with client management systems e.g CRM, Salesforce
- Advanced Excel and data analysis skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Demonstrated leadership experience at work, or outside of work, enthusiasm for learning and openness to feedback
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
- Attention to detail
- Great time management skills
- Language: English
How to apply