Graphic Designer Jobs, Graphic Design Jobs In Kenya, One Acre Fund Jobs
Position: Graphic Designer
Preferred Start Date: As Soon As Possible
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Benefits: Health insurance, paid time off
We are seeking a dedicated and experienced graphic designer to help support One Acre Fund’s growing collateral needs. You will work closely with our small design team based in Nairobi. As a graphic designer, you will produce high-quality materials for farmers across six countries, including marketing materials, product guides and accessible trainings. These materials form the foundation of our farmer outreach efforts, and directly support our efforts to improve farmers’ quality of life. You may also occasionally support on creative design for the organization brand and fundraising materials. This position requires a strong understanding of the elements and principles of design, a clean and polished design aesthetic, a strict attention to detail, and strong project management and coordination skills. A successful candidate should also be capable of clear communication, self-motivation, and structured work planning. Previous experience with InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and print design are a must.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are seeking an exceptional professional with at least 4 year(s) of substantive design experience and a passion for our mission. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Strong portfolio demonstrating creativity and a clean and polished design aesthetic
- Ability to follow brand standards in order to produce a seamless organizational look
- Proficient in InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator; Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Strong ability to work on and prioritize multiple projects, as well as adhere to tight deadlines
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills for stakeholder and project management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
- Familiarity with working on a Mac platform desired
- Knowledge of preparing files for print
- Availability to travel to Kakamega periodically and open to limited travel around other countries in East Africa
- Enthusiasm for learning, and openness to feedback
- Illustration skills and/or UI/UX design a plus but not required
- Language: English required; Swahili, Kinyarwanda, Kirundi, Chichewa or Amharic are a plus
How to Apply
Click here to apply. One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.