Group Financial Controller Jobs, Finance Job in Kenya, Accounting Jobs in Kenya, Sokowatch Jobs
Sokowatch is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. By connecting small shops to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services previously unavailable to informal businesses. Sokowatch aims to provide everything a retailer needs, no wholesalers or banks necessary.
We are searching for a stellar Group Financial Controller to undertake all aspects of financial management for Sokowatch, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, and budget forecasts. The role will also lead the development of internal control policies and financial risk mitigation.
- Nairobi, Kenya with regional travel.
The successful candidate will possess:
- 5+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
- Advanced degree in Accounting, CPA preferred
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
- An enthusiastic team player and strong interpersonal skills
- A hands-on manager with integrity and a desire to work in a dynamic, fast paced, start-up environment.
- Regional experience added bonus
- Fluency in English (both oral and written) and the ability to communicate with sophistication within a business setting.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL and Counsel, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Support monthly, quarterly, and yearly close processes
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Manage and comply with local and national government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Provide in-depth guidance and training on theory and application of International Financial Reporting Standards
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
How To Apply
To apply for this position please submit your CV and a brief statement of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org by 29th February 2020 clearly indicating the position on the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted
Quick Read>>>How To Write a Sales CV Career Objective