Head of Girls Games Jobs, Other Professions, St Andrew’s Thuri Jobs
St Andrew’s Prep School is seeking to appoint a Head of Girls Games who will be responsible to the Director of Sport for the provision of Girls Games throughout the Preparatory School, as well as contributing across all areas of school life.
Their chief responsibilities will be:
- Ensuring the reputation and delivery of sporting excellence for girls
- Assisting in the development and implementation of sporting facilities and
- Facilitating the integration of Girls’ Games in the Senior and Preparatory
- Playing an effective part in co-curricular leadership.
- An ability to teach PE across Key Stages 1-3 would be an advantage, but not a
There is a generous overall remuneration package as detailed below (the
cost of living in Kenya is significantly lower than in the UK):
- Salary: The successful applicant will be placed on the Main Pay
Scale, with a Head of Department’s Allowance.
- Accommodation: suitable rent free accommodation will be provided
as a taxable benefit. Domestic and gardening help is arranged by the
School, but paid for, at local rates, by the appointee.
- School fees (where applicable): there is a 100% fee remission for staff
children throughout the School; places are subject to the School’s normal entry requirements. Fee remission is a taxable benefit
- Medical care: all members of staff and their families are covered under a comprehensive insurance scheme); the costs of insurance are fully covered by the School.
- Pension: the School operates a defined contribution pension scheme
in which the employer and employee each contribute 6% of monthly
salary. For employees emigrating from Kenya at the end of their contract, the full value of the contributions, plus accumulated interest,
can be withdrawn from the scheme.
- Relocation: outward and return flights for the appointee, and for
his/her spouse and dependent children [up to the age of 18] as applicable, together with a freight allowance, at the beginning and end of the
contract period, are paid for by the School. Applicable to staff recruited from outside the country.
- Meals: these are provided during term time as a taxable benefit.
- Facilities: extensive sports facilities are open to use by staff and
Hours of work and holiday entitlement
The role is full-time and includes working in the evening and at weekends
as required. The successful applicant will be expected to take a full and
active part in the boarding life of the school.
How To Apply
Applications are encouraged as early as possible. These should be submitted by
email to the HR Director at HRDirector@turimail.co.ke and include: a completed
application form, a brief covering letter and a CV. Application forms are available on the School website, or from the HR Director.
- Closing date for applications: Monday 20th January, 2020
- Preliminary online interviews: Starting 21st January, 2020
- Final Interviews: 30th January, 2020, onwards
- Start Date: 1st September 2020