Head Of KQ Academy Jobs, HR Jobs In Kenya, Kenya Airways Jobs
Head of KQ Academy – (2000000N)
Primary Location: Kenya-Nairobi-Nairobi
Work Locations: Pride Centre
Job: Organisation Leadership.Strategy Alignment
Organization: Human Resources
Shift: Regular/Non-Shift Job
Employee Status: Regular
Job Type: Standard
Job Level: Manager without Direct Reports
Purpose of Role
The Head of KQ Academy will overally be in charge of Learning and Organization Development and will define, implement the enterprise learning strategy, and the organizational capability development to support the broader company strategy execution.
This role will ensure the delivery of regulatory training and currency of all our staff certifications is monitored and maintained
This role will be accountable for revenue-generating learning product offerings to external clients, design of innovative alternative streams of revenue for the approved training organization (ATO) and the learning academy.
- Driving the culture-building learning interventions and play a critical role in strategizing Learning & Development interventions to strengthen the people capabilities and organizational culture
- Working with the Chief Human Resource Officer, collaborate with the leadership team on the formulation of critical strategies by anticipating Learning & Development and Organisational development interventions required to execute the company strategy
- Strategizing and leading all people development interventions for the organization by building a Learning academy which will include programs in coaching, individual development planning, management & leadership development, career pathing, design, and deliver training on regulatory, behavioural and technical, induction, virtual based training, etc.
- Supporting the development of high potential employees at senior and mid-career levels, ensuring a robust learning framework with learning journeys is in place for employees at all levels
- Ensure implementation and tracking of functional capability framework to map ROI for all learning interventions for the functional areas e.g. functional learning academies and learning tracks for functions & roles.
- Partner with business leaders and the Chief Human Resource Officer to identify skills and competencies needed to strengthen the organization and prepare it for future success, e.g. succession planning and to support talent development interventions.
- Design and lead the creation of internal training content and exploration of external partners, subject matter experts, and available solutions to deliver on company learning and development objectives including the following: business skills, on-boarding & orientation, leadership development and ongoing employee skill development.
- Serve as the champion and thought leader on learning and development, and foster a culture of continuous learning, growth mindset and knowledge sharing.
- Establish operational and performance metrics to measure and support learning and development initiatives and programs, drive priorities and measure outcomes and efficacy and leverage data to identify and make adjustments needed to achieve the desired performance.
- Serve as the subject matter expert to continually drive innovation as it relates to training systems and tools, industry trends and best practices, new products and resources in the market, and provide direction and assistance on the development of new and effective ways to deliver learning content and experiences.
- Manage and ensure the continuous improvement of the Learning Management System (LMS), including organizing new content to meet established criteria, diverse learning channels and ensuring all published content is accurate and current.
- Overall management of the company training budgets for regulatory and non-regulatory training and all the learning and development initiatives
- Lead the development and embedding of core organizational capabilities critical for the company success and posterity including coaching and mentoring programs and embed a learning culture in the company
- Lead the transformation of learning and development through blended learning methodologies and technology-based learning including gamification and micro-learning
- Lead and be accountable for the revenue-generating product offerings specifically, as an approved training organization (ATO) and design and business development for external clients in the aviation industry and any other viable training products
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Management or Human Resources required; Advanced degree or certifications in Human Resources, Organizational Psychology and/or Training preferred
- In-depth 8-12 years of experience into building and managing a Learning and Development function and organizational development (OD) practices or progressive experience in one or more areas integral to learning and development or human resources
- In-depth knowledge in the field of training, learning analysis, performance coaching, design thinking and project management.
- Good commercial acumen, corporate and business orientation.
- Someone skilled at orchestrating efforts across various functions in an organization, cross-team collaboration and influencing without authority.
- A clear communicator of information, ideas, and training to individuals or groups in a manner that engages and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Strong leadership management skills, i.e., comfortable with leading teams under uncertainty, ambiguity and constant change, yet able to set priorities and deliver to commitments.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, presentation and facilitation skills: able to effectively and quickly build relationships and establish trust, respect, competence, and confidence.
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills, adept at engaging and serving as a consultant to all levels of management and leadership from frontline managers to C-level executives.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application online.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted