Head of Science Teacher Jobs, Teaching Jobs in Kenya, Greensteds International School Jobs
Greensteds School is situated 140 km north of Nairobi, in the heart of Kenya’s Rift Valley and within ten minutes’ drive of Lake Nakuru National Park.
The School is set in a rural secluded, 50-acre site and is one of the leading International boarding schools in Kenya serving internationally minded parents all over the world.
Job & Person Specification: Head of Science
- The successful candidate will be able to teach at least one Science subject across the whole Senior
School (Year 7-13), including IGCSE and A-Level.
- The department consists of 3 full-time specialist teachers and 2 qualified lab technicians
We are a non-selective school with a relatively wide ability range.
- Being able to inspire pupils of all abilities is essential.
- The willingness to take a full and active part in all aspects of a thriving and progressive school is vital, including the ability to coach team sports and/or take an active part in the wider co-curricular
- The post holder will be accountable to the Head of Faculty.Roles
- Be punctual for school and lessons
- Attend all assemblies and register students when required
- Plan schemes of work, prepare lessons, set homework and mark work done by the students
- Integrate technology within lessons to enhance instructional delivery.
- Set examinations, provide assessments and tests as necessary, write reports and monitor the progress of the students
- Record weekly the marks, grades achieved by the students
- Attend staff meetings and in-service training out of working hours
- Communicate regularly with parents through e-mail, telephone and parent-teacher conferences.
- Maintain professional competence in instructional techniques and in specialized teaching
through in-service education activities and self-selected professional growth activities.
- Supervise students
- Accept a reasonable number of school duties outside normal teaching hours
- Participate fully in the School’s programme of extra-curricular activities
- Take an interest in and be involved with the pastoral welfare of children and bring to the notice of the Senior Management Team, children with particular difficulties
- Plan ahead the needs of his/her teaching subject or subjects; provide the school bursar with lists of books and equipment and their costs and produce invoices for goods purchased
- Supervise discipline and standards of behaviour and dress code within School by maintaining a high standard and setting a personal example in all these matters
- Assist as necessary with entrance examinations, yearly examinations and external examinations held in the school
- Hand over all books, keys and records as and when required by the School
- Undertake a mentoring or training role in the supporting of other teachers
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Science (BSc./B.Ed.) or related field and a teaching qualification. Relevant Master’s Degree will be an added advantage
- Experience in teaching the National Curriculum of England and Wales up to A-Level.
- High level of creativity and experience in heading a department/faculty in a BNC school
- Have or apply for an ICPC or Good Conduct Certificate
- Willingness to contribute fully to the boarding and extracurricular life of a busy, full boarding
school.How to Apply
Dateline is 29th Jan 2020