Head of Sixth Form Teacher Jobs, Teaching Jobs in Kenya, Greensteds International School Jobs
Greensteds School is situated 140 km north of Nairobi, in the heart of Kenya’s Rift Valley and within ten minutes’ drive of Lake Nakuru National Park.
The School is set in a rural secluded, 50-acre site and is one of the leading International boarding schools in Kenya serving internationally minded parents all over the world.
Job & Person Specification: Head of Sixth Form
- The successful candidate will be responsible for the continuing development of a thriving, successful, distinctive and globally aware Sixth Form experience.
- The role has pastoral, academic and marketing elements and includes responsibility for developing the use of the School’s assets for the Sixth Form and line managing and working collaboratively with staff in charge of sixth Form.
- The role will also involve working closely with
House Parents and Dorm Tutors.
- It is therefore likely to involve significant strategic, as well as operational responsibility, alongside project management.
- The post holder will be accountable to the Deputy Head.The following outline gives an overall range of duties and responsibilities but is not exhaustive and the Head of Sixth Form may be required to undertake such other duties appropriate to the post, as the
Headmaster or Governing Body may reasonably require.
- Promoting Greensteds School Sixth Form as an aspiration for internal and external applicants.
- Working with the Headmaster, Deputy Head, Director of Pastoral Care, House Parents, Examinations Officer, Heads of Department and Sixth Form Teachers in promoting enrichment opportunities for Sixth Form developing and preparing Sixth
Form students for University and work life.
- Liaise with the Head of Careers in advising students and parents in their University choices and closely monitor university application processes.
- Developing a successful, coherent programme to prepare the most academically capable candidates for entry to leading universities in liaison with the Deputy Head.
- Promoting the role and value of Sixth Form students’ involvement with other year groups formally and informally.
- To ensure the Sixth Form area is kept in good order, ensuring the maintenance of a conducive, safe and orderly environment.
- Working with the Deputy Head Pastoral and HMs to maintain pastoral cohesion and good discipline with the Sixth Form.
- To line manage the Sixth Form Teachers and Tutors;
- To oversee the writing of Sixth Form reports, provision of subject information to parents, parents’ meetings and response to parents’ enquiries, ensuring that high standards are maintained;
- To safeguard students and maintain their health and safety both when they are on the School Premises and when they are engaged in authorized School activities.
- In liaison with the Head of Careers, attend or organize sixth form students to attend and participate, in relevant careers and University fairs
- As member of the Senior Management Team, attend weekly SMT meetings and conduct Sixth Form Tutor meetings, ensuring the provision of agendas and minutes;
- In liaison with Examinations Officer prepare students for mocks, exams and re-sits
- Co-ordinate the Heads of Departments, to assist Year 13 through the clearing procedure and to deal with any queries regarding results
- To conduct individual interviews with Year 11 students and parents (in February) after the mock GCSE examinations.
- To formulate the Sixth Form annual budget, to monitor expenditure and keep an inventory of equipment and other resources.Qualifications
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree (BA/B.Ed/BSc) and a teaching qualification.
- Experience as Head of Sixth Form in a progressive British Curriculum School
- Experience and proven success in teaching a subject (Business Studies/Geography/Science/Humanities) in the National Curriculum of England and Wales up to A-Level.
- Ability and experience in teaching BTEC Courses
- Ability to coach and mentor Senior School Students
- Have or apply for a ICPC or Good Conduct Certificate
- Willingness to contribute fully to the boarding and extracurricular life of a busy, full boarding school.How to Apply
Dateline is 29th January 2020