Health Information Officer Jobs, Medical Jobs in Kenya, Kenyatta National Hospital Jobs
The officer will be responsible to the Senior Health Information Officer for provision of quality health information services in the Hospital.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing advice on disclosure, confidentiality and exchange of health records and information;
- Analyzing health records data;
- Carrying out health records and information systems review;
- Capturing data from service points;
- Disseminating health information where necessary;
- Gathering data from different sources/service points;
- Coding and indexing of records/diseases and surgical procedures according to international classification of diseases and procedures in medicine;
- Analyzing daily bed returns;
- Maintaining patients’ master index;
- Maintaining diagnostic and surgical indices; and
- Compiling of medical statistics preparing health records and reports.
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health Records and Information Management or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- A registered member of AMRO-K.
- Proficiency in computer applications.
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010
How To Apply
Those interested in applying for the declared vacancies and meet the job specifications are required to apply online and submit a hard copy of the Hospital application form available in the website with copies of certificates and testimonials on or before 18th February 2020 to the address below:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenyatta National Hospital
P.O Box 20723-00202
“Kenyatta National Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and qualified candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply”.
Please visit our website www.knh.or.ke for full profile of all the advertised positions and the Hospital application form and also the link to apply online.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and must present the following documents during the interview:-
- A certificate of good conduct from the National Police Service
- EACC Clearance
- Credit Reference Bureau Clearance
- HELB Compliance
- KRA Tax Compliance