Health Manager Jobs, Medical Job in Kenya, NGO Jobs in Kenya, Action Against Hunger Jobs
Action Against Hunger-Horn and Eastern Africa is part of the Action Against Hunger International network, which provides humanitarian relief in over 40 countries worldwide in the sectors of nutrition, health, water/sanitation, and food security. Action Against Hunger Horn and Eastern Africa is an independent NGO, currently managing operations in Kenya, South Sudan, Somalia, Tanzania, Ethiopia and Uganda. Action Against Hunger-USA has over $60 million in programs, and approximately 2000 staff based in New York City, Washington D.C, Nairobi, and country offices. Additional growth is anticipated.
- Provide operational support to Action Against Hunger health programs in the Horn and East Africa for improved nutrition outcomes.
- Work alongside and capacity build health actors to generate, analyze, and use data for ongoing health systems improvement.
- Identify the on-going learning and development needs of the technical country coordinators and assists in providing or supporting their professional development.
- Provide health technical support to country teams to ensure application of project cycle management from conception to evaluation.
- Provide technical advice to country teams on existing or proposed programmes to ensure relevance, impact, sustainability and quality of the intervention.
- Ensure adherence and appropriate management of medical products and supplies in country to include quality control, quantification guidance, and procurement.
- Provide technical support on priority health systems strengthening and/or health financing needs around UHC implementation.
- With the country program teams, identify innovation and research opportunities.
- Technical supervisory line to health focal in country; and as needed to the nutrition focal.
- Degree in Medicine, Pharmacy, Nursing or related field with at least three years’ experience in Public Health with a focus on Health system strengthening in developing countries.
- Experience working in humanitarian contexts, emergency, post-crisis as well as with governments.
- Excellent knowledge of technical fields related to Health that includes excellent working knowledge of Health System Strengthening.
- Applied knowledge of malnutrition causal framework, epidemiology, research preferred.
- Strong organizational skills and technical review/writing of detailed technical documents.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills are essential
- Capacity to represent the organization in various forums.
- Genuine interest in and commitment to the humanitarian principles of Action Against Hunger
Gender Equality Commitments
- Ability to foster an environment that reinforces values of women and men, and equal access to information.
- Provide a work environment where women and men must be evaluated and promoted based on their skills and performance.
- Respect beneficiaries’ women, men, children (boys and girls) regardless of gender, sex orientation, disability, religion. race, color, ancestry, national origin, age, or marital status.
- Value and respect for all cultures.
Action Against Hunger values its employees and offers a comprehensive remuneration and benefits package. These benefits include but are not limited to: –
- Health Insurance
- Paid annual leave (vacation)
- Training opportunities
For an all-inclusive list of benefits, check the Action Against Hunger Website
How To Apply
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated resume and both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. Closing date for applications: 21st of January 2020. The applications will be assessed on rolling bases.