HR & Administration Manager Jobs, HR Jobs In Kenya, KLDC Jobs
Kenya Leather Development Council (KLDC) is a State Corporation established by the Government of Kenya under the Kenya Leather Development Council Order, 2011 (Legal Notice No. 114 of 9th September, 2011), under the State Corporations Act (Cap. 446), Laws of Kenya, to provide leadership and policy direction in regulation, production, processing and marketing in leather industry so as to promote equitable development and poverty reduction.
Pursuant to this objective, the Council is seeking to recruit qualified officers for the position of:
MANAGER, HUMAN RESOURCE & ADMINISTRATION, JOB GRADE KLDC 3 (1 position) Job Ref No.: KLDC/002/2020
Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail:
- Forecasting and planning on human resource needs of the
- Initiating best practices in the management of human resource function.
- Championing change management programmes in the Council
- Managing succession plans of the Council
- Monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of training and development
- Leading the Council in formulating and implementing efficient Performance Management
- Formulating and reviewing administrative policies, strategies, procedures and systems
- Managing service contracts and service level agreements for outsourced services
- Forecasting Council’s needs for equipment, security and cleaning services
- Overseeing the process of acquiring new service providers related to all outsourced services falling under administration
- Coordinating renewal of general insurance covers for vehicles, buildings and equipment.
- Ensuring efficient provision of transport, security and cleaning services in the
- Safeguarding the Council’s assets
- Facilitating Board and staff functions
- Facilitating travel clearance, visas and other necessary travel documents for the Board of Directors and all staff travelling out of the Country on official
- Initiating the identification and acquisition of the Council’s assets for repair, maintenance and disposal.
- Developing budget plans for Administration section.
- Overseeing the provision of efficient records management and information services in the Council.
- Coordinating the preparation of periodic progress reports.
For appointment to this grade, an officer must: –
- Have a minimum period of ten (10) years relevant work experience, at least three (3) of which should be in a management position in the Public Service or Private Sector
- Have a Bachelors Degree in any of the following disciplines:- Public Administration, Business Administration, Human Resource Management, Human Resource Development, Industrial Relations or its qualifications from a recognized institution.
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines:- Public Administration, Business Administration or its qualifications from a recognized institution and Diploma in any of the following disciplines:- Human Resource Management, Human Resource Development, Industrial Relations, Business Administration or any equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- Possession of a Masters Degree in any of the following disciplines:- Public Administration, Business Administration, Human Resource Management, Human Resource Development, Industrial Relations or its qualifications from a recognized institution is an added advantage.
- Have a certificate in Leadership Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution.
- Be a Member of the Institute of Human Resource Management
- Be proficient in computer applications.
- Fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are expected to fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya. Specifically, they must obtain and submit with their application, copies of the following:
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation
- Clearance/Compliance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority
- Clearance from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Clearance from recognized Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Suitably qualified candidates are advised to download and complete the Candidates’ Profile and Application Form (from the ‘Vacancies’ section at www.leathercouncil.go.ke) indicating the Job Reference Number on the Job Application Form and send to email@example.com attaching certified copies of academic certificates and professional qualifications and National ID. Hand-delivered application can also be dropped at the Council’s Reception Desk located at CPA Centre, 5th Floor, Thika Road, next to KCA University.
Applications should be received not later than 5.00 pm, on 10th February, 2020. Kenya Leather Development Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality. Women, Youth, Persons with disabilities and those from marginalized communities and minority groups are encouraged to apply. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Detailed job description and specifications for the advertised positions and the job application form may be found on our website www.leathercouncil.go.ke