Infectious Diseases Medical Specialist Jobs, Medical Jobs in Kenya, Kenyatta National Hospital Jobs
Reporting to the Chief Medical Specialist/Head of Department, the Medical Specialist II (Infectious Diseases) will be expected to take full responsibility for patients under his/her care.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviewing patients and instructing in writing all the recommendations;
- Reviewing patients in IDU (Infectious Diseases Unit) and in various critical care areas.
- Conducting major ward rounds and post admission rounds in the attached ward.
- Conducting weekly clinic.
- Conducting research and clinical audits.
- Training, supervising and mentoring Medical Officers, Medical Interns and other students.
- Undertaking medico-legal duties.
- Undertaking medical examinations and preparing Medical Board Proceedings;
- Ensuring data and information is collected, transmitted and utilized to benefit of the customer and service provider.
- Conducting disease surveillance, prevention and control.
- Carrying out health education and promotion.
- Preparing medical reports.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Internal Medicine from the University of Nairobi or any other Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentist Board (KMPDB) recognized University.
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBChB) degree from a recognized institution by the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board.
- Specialist recognition in Internal Medicine from Kenya Medical Practitioners’ and Dentist Board.
- Fellowship/Certificate or proven interest in infectious diseases sub-speciality.
- Registration Certificate by the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board.
- Retention in the Medical Practitioners and Dentist Board register.
- Professional Indemnity Cover.
- Evidence in knowledge and proficiency in computer applications.
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010.
How To Apply
Those interested in applying for the declared vacancies and meet the job specifications are required to apply online and submit a hard copy of the Hospital application form available in the website with copies of certificates and testimonials on or before 18th February 2020 to the address below:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenyatta National Hospital
P.O Box 20723-00202
“Kenyatta National Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and qualified candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply”.
Please visit our website www.knh.or.ke for full profile of all the advertised positions and the Hospital application form and also the link to apply online.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and must present the following documents during the interview:-
- A certificate of good conduct from the National Police Service
- EACC Clearance
- Credit Reference Bureau Clearance
- HELB Compliance
- KRA Tax Compliance
Quick Read>>> Answering Interview Behavioral Questions