Internal Audit Associate Jobs, Audit Jobs In Kenya, Centum jobs
Position: Internal Audit Associate
This role exists to undertake risk assessments, audit planning and executing audit assignments. The role will also systematically evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of governance, risk management and internal controls at Centum and its Subsidiaries. The role will report to the Senior Audit Manager and is designed to enable the management and Board of Centum Group achieve the following key objectives; Financial plans, goals and strategic objectives Operational efficiency and effectiveness Safeguarding the assets (including information assets) of the Company, accuracy of financial statements, management accounts and other management reports Compliance with contracts, laws and regulations and drive sustainability in the Group’s operations.
Under the supervision of the Senior Manager, Internal Audit, the role holder will handle interview management, review strategic plans, financial statements, management accounts, budgets, minutes of meetings, process manuals and other sources of information to gain a deep understanding of the business operations and value chain of each Business Unit that Group Internal Audit will be responsible for:
- Performing risk assessments to identify areas of concern and interview management to validate accuracy of the risk assessment.
- Performing walk-throughs to confirm understanding of processes and controls and assist with audit planning.
- Performance of audit fieldwork, discussion of likely audit findings with management and preparation of draft reports
- With the help of the senior manager, discuss the draft audit findings with management including identification of root causes, obtaining action plans to resolve the findings and agreeing on resolution deadlines
- Making recommendations for improvement in risk management practices, governance and internal controls
- Following up to ensure completion and issuing of audit reports to management and tracking implementation of controls to address internal audit findings, external audit findings and findings raised by regulators during their inspections.
- Working in liaison with management and other functions, support investigations as may be assigned from to time
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences, Computer Science, Business or related disciplines.
- Professional qualification in accounting (CPA, ACCA, ACA, CIMA or certification in information systems audit (CISA, CISM, CRSC or other relevant qualification).
- Strong analytical, written/verbal communication, interpersonal, and relationship building skills.
- Knowledge of data analytics tools is an added advantage
- At least 3 years of work experience preferably in audit but other experience that may be relevant to audit work will also be considered subject to the candidate demonstrating ability to learn.