Internship Opportunities, Internships in Kenya, AIC Kijabe Hospital Internships
- Reporting to the Program Manager, Maternal Newborn Community Health, the holder of the position will glorify God by assisting the MNCH team in developing best practices to achieve Kenya’s Sustainable Development Goals including promoting maternal and newborn health.
- To develop the practical skills in communication that support health promotion and prevention, research, and leadership necessary to be at the forefront of innovation in Global Health initiatives.
Qualifications, Experience, Competencies and Attributes
- Desire to see effective education and care delivered to men, women and children.
- Minimum of a Diploma in Nursing, Community Health, Public Health, Epidemiology or other related area. Previous community and research experience a plus.
- Strong interest in maternal child health.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, Power point)
- Ability to work independently and efficiently
- Accurate typing skills for transcription related duties
- Demonstrated community involvement, especially as related to maternal newborn care.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work well in community setting.
- Evidence of strong writing and transcription skills.
- Database management
- Experience with leading focus group discussions, data translation and transcription
- Experience with documentation of informed consent for research purposes.
- Strong interest in evangelism as a component of community health work.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to motivate teams.
- Vernacular language a plus (Maasai, Somali, and Kikuyu preference)
- Experience with Reference Managing software
- A born again and committed Christian with evidence of maturity in faith
- An honest person full of integrity in his/her personal conduct and handling of job responsibilities
How to Apply
If you believe you are the right candidate and can clearly demonstrate your ability to meet the criteria above, please send us your application letter and CV only to;
firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 8th February 2020.
After sending the email, you will receive an auto reply that will prompt you to fill in an application form. If you do not receive the auto reply, please check your spam/junk mail.
Please note due to the high volume of applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted