IT Channels Manager Jobs, IT Jobs in Kenya, HF Group Jobs
Responsible for supporting the stable operations of the bank’s Digital Channels.
The role holder will provide specialized technical support in Projects, Change Requests and Day to Day Operations of Mobile Banking, iProfits, MasterCard, FinBridge, MPESA and interfaces to the Core Banking System.
- Oversee resolution of systems related problems specific to Digital Channels. This will involve handling queries from users and resolve or advise them accordingly as well as attending to systems failures to resolve or coordinate the resolution of the problem, liaising with software vendors to resolve systems issues or escalating where necessary.
- To provide management oversight for the Banks Digital Channels to ensure projects, incidents, problems, service requests and escalations are dealt with according to defined set of policies, processes, procedures and SLA’s.
- Design, maintenance, development and evaluation of all Digital Channels.
- Lead implementation/upgrade (projects) of Digital Channels. Ensuring that systems are designed and configured as per the requirements of the users as well as conceptualizing and providing the best approach to achieve or automate business requirements from the users.
- Providing test systems for User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and ensuring that functions/features are tested before being put on the live system, develop and maintain documentation on system configuration or setup and also provide resources/assist in user training.
- Evaluate and ensure effectiveness of the Digital Channels (systems, people, policy, controls and procedures) with regard to protection against exposure to and impact of risks associated with data loss, corruption and/or unauthorized access.
- Perform Application tuning and performance monitoring, establish and maintain sound backup and recovery policies and procedures, and also implement and maintain database security by installing adequate controls to secure data, as well as ensuring that all applications are fully licensed and compliance to regulatory bodies
- Ensure policies, procedures and guidelines for information processing and outputs are well documented, details available and well understood.
- Ensure speedy closure of the issues and problems assigned to the team with pro-active prioritization and feedback.
- Plan and put into action long-range solutions for resolving recurring difficulties with minimum user disruption – educate users to resolve simple recurring problems themselves.
- Identify performance degradation trends and problem areas and actively participate in resolution.
- Participate in the implementation of IT related policies and undertake other tasks as may be assigned from time to time by the seniors in the bank’s IT function.
- Avail all scheduled reports and also generate ad-hoc reports as requested by the Business Users.
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- A minimum of 5 years working experience in a busy IT environment as a systems analyst with hands on role in application administration.
- At least 3 year’s Banking experience in Application Support and Projects.
- Computer Science Degree and other IT related courses in Database Administration and Application Support.
- Knowledge of UNIX and LINUX is required.
- Governance certifications like ITIL or COBIT would be an added advantage.
- One or more IT certifications such as in MCSE and Oracle will be an added advantage.
- Database Administration certifications.
Key Competencies and Skills
- Hands on experience in Core Banking Applications and Channels.
- In-depth technical knowledge in Information Technology and current trends.
- Possess excellent communication, project management skills and good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Results oriented, excellent interpersonal skills, self-driven and a team player.
- Should have good knowledge of the bank’s products in order to be able to interpret user needs, possesses general awareness of the bank’s operating procedure with detailed knowledge of the Bank’s Information Security Policy.
- Ability to evaluate situations, provide proper guidance and make proper decisions, able to forecast, plan, and organize work for effective achievement of job tasks.
How to Apply