Kenya Child Care Center Supervisor Jobs, Teaching Jobs In Kenya, One Acre Fund Jobs
Position: Kenya Field Staff Management People Associate
Location: Kakamega, Kenya
Preferred Start Date: As soon as possible
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Duration: Full-time job
Benefits: Health insurance, paid time off
About One Acre
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.We are growing quickly. We currently serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
One Acre Fund is constantly seeking out new opportunities to generate impact. A new area of interest is childcare services to our staff and the community where we work. We want to explore this opportunity and are seeking a Childcare Center Supervisor, who will be located at Kakamega. This employment is subject to the terms and conditions listed below.
As the Childcare Center Supervisor, you will oversee the daily operations of our first early education center. You will have the opportunity to take on great responsibility and must be willing to tackle any challenges thrown your way! We are a passionate, hard-working and innovative team. We are looking for someone who is able to have fun, explore, and dedicate themselves to make great change for young children!
- Manage the daily operations of the Childcare Centre
- Ensure the financial sustainability of the Childcare Centre
- Collect the funds of the child care centre
- Supervise and manage centre teachers and/or assistants, interns, attachees and volunteers. This will likely include formal training on best practices for the caregivers to employ
- Lead weekly/monthly Childcare Centre staff meetings
- Prepare centre budget and purchase items required at the centre with the help of OAF Early Childhood Development Specialist
- Be the contact person between the organization and the community
- Be accountable for the effectiveness, efficiency and quality outcomes of all aspects of the center.
Child care & Early Learning
- Supervise and assist children at the Childcare Centre.
- Design and oversee enriching and engaging activities for the children
- Provide attending children with learning , play and creative activities & materials
- Assist other caregivers to provide children with learning, playing and creative activities
- Promote positive discipline within Childcare Centre
- Perform simple first aid in emergencies
- Keep parents and staff informed of program expectations, program activities and children’s progress
- Assist new teachers and other teachers to understand the Daycare curriculum.
- Record daily information about activities, meals served and medications administered
- Take daily records of Childcare Centre and draft weekly and monthly reports;
- Communicate to OAF management and parents in case of emergencies or illness;
- Record all the financial income and expenditures of the centre in the financial tool kit.
- Follow up on childcare fees and keep up to date records.
- Observe and comply with both OAF policies and procedures;
- Report to your designated OAF staff regarding any issues related to the childcare centre
- Attend OAF staff meetings and/or trainings as requested;
- Plan for monthly/termly parents meetings
- Ensure constant parent involvement in the childcare activities
- Oversee all materials and facilities maintenance, and tidiness in the centre.
- Report to the management on the condition of the facility from time to time.
- Ensure a safe, hygienic and child friendly environment at all times.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in Early Childhood Development or child-centered programs for children 0 – 5 years. Ideally, some of this experience will be in the management of a facility or program
- Diploma or Certificate in Childcare Development required.
- Diploma in Early Childhood Care and Development
- Prior experience working directly with young children
- Must have a Teachers Service Commission Number
- Community-based child outreach
- Child protection experience preferred.
- Experience managing other staff members highly preferred
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Must speak Swahili and English fluently.
- Must be independent, goal-oriented and hard-working.
- Knowledge of best practices in Childcare Development, positive discipline & child-care.
- Knowledge and interest in capacity building.
- Demonstrated leadership experience at work, or outside of work, enthusiasm for learning, and openness to feedback.
- Ability to build teams and collaborate with colleagues from diverse backgrounds
How to Apply