NOT Getting Job Interviews? Get A Professional CV Today. Click Here For Details
Key Stage 1 Teacher Jobs, Teaching Jobs in Kenya, Banda School Jobs
The post holder will report to the Head of Lower School and will be accountable to the Headmistress
- To take responsibility for planning and implementing appropriate work programmes for all
children in the designated class, within the framework of the National Curriculum, school
policies and schemes of work.
- To support and drive the ethos, aims and values of the school.Accountabilities
- To maintain and use assessment records and report on pupils’ progress to staff, and to
parents and carers, in accordance with school policy.
- To manage a Class Assistant within the classroom.
- To plan work for the class in accordance with National Curriculum, school policies, schemes of work and in co-operation with Heads of Department and the Head of Lower School to ensure that all children experience a broad, balanced, relevant and stimulating curriculum relevant to their age.
- To ensure that the learning experience matches the individual needs of the children in your class – giving each child an opportunity to achieve to the best of his/her capability.
- To make appropriate educational provision for children with learning difficulties and for those children with EAL, with support from The Banda’s Learning Support Department.
- To evaluate your teaching and use this evaluation to improve and develop teaching
- To provide well-planned, creative and engaging learning experiences for children with opportunities for them to manage their own learning and become independent thinkers.
- To create a secure, happy and stimulating environment, maintaining the highest standards
of organisation and discipline.
- To follow and implement school policies and procedures.
- To create engaging and interactive displays of a high standard both in the classroom and in other areas of the School.
- To arrange for resources, equipment and materials to be available in such a way that they
are properly cared for, easily accessible and will encourage the children to become more responsible and independent learners.
- To maintain close relationships with colleagues and work together to develop and implement short, long and medium term plans in line with the agreed schemes of work.
- To consistently assess children’s progress, maintain records and provide written reports to
- To communicate regularly and effectively to parents about children’s progress and
attainment in a positive, professional and polite manner.
- To ensure that the School’s aims and objectives in relation to the curriculum, equal opportunities and behaviour are promoted in every day classroom organisation and practice.
- To be committed to the School’s Continuing Professional Development programme.
- To play an active role in the general life of the school.
- To undertake required duties and attend regular staff meetings and INSETS, before, during
and after school hours when required.
- To assist, where necessary, in extra-curricular sporting, dramatic and musical events.
- To organise and take pupils on field trips in a safe and secure manner.
- To work closely with colleagues from Key Stage 1 and the Learning Support Department.
- To ensure confidentiality concerning pupils, parents, colleagues and school business.
- To maintain professional levels of conduct and adhere to the School’s dress code.Qualifications
- Be a fully qualified teacher with Key Stage 1 training and experience.
- Have experience of working in British curriculum schools.
- Be able to build good relationships with pupils, parents and families.
- Be able to build good relationships with colleagues.
- Be able to create a stimulating and engaging learning environment.
- Be able to use initiative, show flexibility and be adaptable.
- Be pro-active as a part of The Banda staff team and possess the desire to be fully involved in all aspects of life in a leading preparatory school.
- Be punctual and use preparation time appropriately.
- Be a good communicator with adults and children.
- Show good organisational skills.
- Show a competent level of written English.
- Be able to use ICT in teaching. Familiarity with using Interactive screens and iPads is important.
- Present a clean Certificate of Good Conduct or International Certificate of Child Protection (ICPC).
- Safeguard and promote the welfare of the pupils.
- Keep up to date with educational developments and best educational practice.
- Be a motivator.
How to Apply
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It's Free.