NOT Getting Job Interviews? Get A Professional CV Today. Click Here For Details
Key Stage 2 Teacher Jobs, Teaching Jobs in Kenya, Banda School Jobs
The post holder will report to the Head of Lower School and will be accountable to the Headmistress.
- To take responsibility for planning and implementing appropriate work programmes for all
pupils in the designated class, within the framework of national and school policies.
- To support and drive the ethos, aims and values of the school
- To maintain and use assessment records and report on pupils’ progress to staff, and to
parents and carers, in accordance with school policy.
- To manage a Teaching Assistant within the classroom.
- To plan work for the class in accordance with national and curriculum policies and in cooperation with Heads of Department and Head Teacher, to ensure that the pupils experience a broad, balanced, relevant and stimulating curriculum relevant to their age.
- To follow and implement school policies and procedures.
- To ensure that the learning experience matches the individual needs of the pupils in your class – giving each child an opportunity to achieve to the best of his/her capability.
- To evaluate your teaching and use this evaluation to improve and develop teaching
- To make appropriate educational provision for pupils with learning difficulties and for those
children with EAL, with support from The Banda’s Learning Support Department.
- To create a secure, happy and stimulating environment, maintaining the highest standards
of organisation and discipline.
- To provide well-planned, creative and engaging learning experiences for pupils.
- To maintain a high standard of display and a stimulating environment, in the classroom and
in other areas of the school.
- To play an active role in the general life of the school.
- To work closely with colleagues and to provide short, long and medium term plans.
- To assess pupil’s progress, maintain records and provide regular written reports to parents.
- To communicate regularly and effectively to parents about pupil’s progress and attainment
in a positive, professional and polite manner.
- To ensure that the School’s aims and objectives in relation to the curriculum, equal opportunities and behaviour are promoted in everyday classroom organisation and practice.
- To be committed to the School’s Continuing Professional Development programme.
- To undertake required duties and attend regular staff meetings and INSETS, before, during and after school hours when required.
- To assist, where necessary, in extra-curricular sporting, dramatic and musical events and
- To take reasonable care of school equipment, both on and off school premises.
- To organise and take pupils on field trips in a safe and secure manner, in accordance with school policies.
- To liaise with colleagues from Key Stage 1, the Upper School and Learning Support Department.
- To ensure confidentiality concerning pupils, parents, colleagues and school business.
- To maintain professional levels of conduct and adhere to the School’s Code of Conduct for staff
- Be a fully qualified teacher with Key Stage 2 training and experience.
- Have experience of working in British Curriculum schools.
- Be able to build good relationships with pupils, parents and families.
- Be able to build good relationships with colleagues.
- Be able to create a stimulating and engaging learning environment.
- Be able to use initiative, show flexibility and be adaptable.
- Be pro-active as a part of The Banda School staff team and possess the desire to be fully involved in all aspects of life in a leading preparatory school.
- Be punctual and use preparation time appropriately.
- Be a good communicator with adults and children.
- Show good organisational skills.
- Show a competent level of written English.
- Be able to use ICT in teaching. Familiarity with using interactive screens and iPads is an
- Present a clean Certificate of Good Conduct or International Child Protection Certificate (ICPC).
- Safeguard and promote the welfare of the pupils.
- Keep up to date with educational developments in UK.
- Be a motivator.
How to Apply