Legal Officer Jobs, Legal Jobs In Kenya, Kakamega County Jobs
Pursuant to the Constitution of Kenya (2010) and the County Governments Act No. 17 of 2012, the County Government of Kakamega invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the following vacant position:
A. OFFICE OF GOVERNOR – LEGAL SERVICES UNIT
Position: Legal Officer I, Job Group CPSB 07 (1 Post)
Basic Salary Scale: Kshs. 47,780 x 2,170 – 49,950 x 2,550 – 52,500 x 2,650 – 55,150 x 2,750 – 57,900 x
2,920 –60,820 x 3,080 – 63,900 p.m.
An Officer at this level will report to the Head of Legal Services.
- Undertaking research on assigned legal issues;
- Analyzing research data and compiling reports;
- Preparing preliminary legal documents/instruments and liaising with the County Attorney;
- Advising on various legal policy issues;
- Coordinating the activities of the County Court including drawing of charge sheets, bonding of witnesses, application for warrants and application for witness summons;
- Developing County legislation including review of drafts bills, research on various pieces of legislation and departmental advisory on the legislative drafting;
- Attending court to represent the County in both civil and criminal litigation;
- Undertaking conveyancing duties;
- Preparing legal opinions and reviewing County legislation;
- Ensuring compliance with principles and values of good governance, human rights, transparency, accountability, ethics and integrity and organizing stakeholders consultations; and
- Any lawful other duties as may be assigned from time to
For appointment to this grade, one must;
- Be a Kenyan citizen;
- Bachelor of Laws (L.L.B) degree from a university recognized in Kenya;
- Post graduate Diploma in Law from the Kenya School of Law;
- Must be an advocate of the High Court of Kenya with a current practicing
- Must have served in the grade of Legal Officer II or in a comparable and relevant position in the Public Service for a minimum period of three (3) years or if from private legal practice must have served for at least six (6) years;
- Certificate in Computer Applications;
- meet the requirements prescribed in Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution on leadership and integrity;
- Demonstrate understanding of National values and principles of governance and Public Service as stipulated in Articles 10, 232 of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010
Terms of Service: Permanent & Pensionable
Interested applicants are expected to get clearance from the following bodies:
- Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Higher Education Loans Board;
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
- Criminal Investigation Department (Certificate of good conduct);
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB); and
- For those with higher education certificates (degrees) from outside Kenya, a letter of recognition of qualifications from the Commission of University
Copies of these clearances MUST be attached to the applications.
How to Apply
All applicants should submit their applications together with copies of their detailed Curriculum Vitae, Academic and Professional Certificates, Testimonials, National Identity Card or Passport, and any other supporting documents. The positions applied for should be indicated on top of the envelope.
Kakamega County residents will be required to indicate their Sub-County and Ward
of origin. Applications should be submitted to:
COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O. BOX 458- 50100 KAKAMEGA
Hand delivered applications can be submitted at the County Public Service Board’s Reception located at
Former Provincial Headquarters, Block ‘B’ 2nd Floor.
All applications should reach this office on or before 12th February, 2020.
County Government of Kakamega is an equal opportunity employer. Female Candidates and Persons living with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
PLEASE NOTE: Kakamega County Public Service Board does not charge ANY FEE at any stage of the recruitment. Our official communication channels are email address email@example.com and phone number 0713852573 ONLY.
Must Read>>> How To Write A CV For A Career Change