Lifts Technician Jobs, Technical Jobs In Kenya, Chuka University Jobs
Chuka University, the second Public University to be chartered, located in a serene breathtaking scenery 186 Kms from Nairobi, invites suitably qualified, highly competent and self-driven candidates to fill the following position:
LIFTS TECHNICIAN GRADE 10 2 POSTS REF: CU/AD/8/1/2020
For appointment to this post a candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree/HND in Engineering or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Exemplary work performance.
- 2 years’ experience as Elevator Installer and Repairer or equivalent
- Detect and disassemble defective units, and repair or replace parts such as locks, gears, cables, and electric wiring.
- Inspect wiring connections, control panel hookups, door installations, and alignments and clearances of cars and hoistways to ensure that equipment will operate properly.
- Maintain installed electrical wires, controls and attached conduits along shaft walls on every floor, plastic-covered wires through the conduit cars and hoistways to ensure that equipment operates properly.
- Using test equipment, locate malfunctions in brakes, motors, switches, signal and control systems,
- Maintain a log book that detail records of all repairs and checks performed
- Prepare a scheduled maintenance plan
- Operate elevators to determine power demands, and test power consumption to detect overload
- Read and interpret blueprints to understand and determine the layout of system components, frameworks, and foundations in case of a fault.
- Test all newly installed equipment to ensure that it meets specifications, such as stopping at floors for the set amounts of time.
- Participate in additional training to keep skills up-to-date.
- Adjust safety controls, counterweights, door mechanisms, and components such as valves, ratchets, seals, and brake
- Assemble, install, repair, and maintain elevators, escalators, moving sidewalks, and dumbwaiters, using hand and power tools, and testing devices such as test lamps, ammeters, and voltmeters.
- Check that guide shoes and rollers are attached to minimize the lateral motion of cars as they travel through shafts.
- Check that safety regulations and building codes are met, and complete service reports verifying standards are conformed to.
Interested applicants are advised to visit Chuka University website at www.chuka.ac.ke
for the conditions for eligibility, requirements and other details for all the positions.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit ten (10) copies of application letters giving details of their age, Education and professional qualifications, detailed work experience, present post and salary, applicant’s day telephone and email address, and enclosing duly certified copies of certificates and testimonials and giving names and addresses of three (3) referees who are knowledgeable about the applicants’ competence accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae.
Applicants should request their referees to write and send their confidential recommendation letters on their behalf directly to the undersigned. The name and the reference number of the position for which application is made should be clearly indicated on the envelope.
Applications should reach the undersigned not later than Friday 31st January, 2020 at 5 p.m.
P.O Box 109-60400
Chuka University is an equal opportunity employer. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Must Read>>> How To Write A CV For A Career Change