Manager Engineering Services Jobs, Management Jobs In Kenya, KCAA Jobs
Position: Manager Engineering Services
Department/Section: Engineering Services
Reports To: Director Air Navigation Services
JOB TITLE: MANAGER ENGINEERING SERVICES (KCAA SCALE 5- REF: ANS/ENG/01/19)
To plan, implement and maintain quality and cost- effective Aviation facilities, services and resources associated with air navigation services.
- Formulating, planning and implementing policies, programmes and procedures concerning implementation and maintenance of Communication, navigation and surveillance
- Overseeing the implementation of technical standards and recommended practices as per ICAO annex 10 and Kenyan
- Investigating operational complaints and irregularities within the department and collaborates in the investigation of incidents and breaches of aviation regulations and procedures.
- Developing job description, maintaining discipline, efficiency and ensuring proper deployment of staff in the
- Conducting regular performance reviews of staff in the department to determine training and development needs and ensuring the highest standards of performance and conduct are being adhered
- Coordinating research and development of new systems and
- Preparing and implementing the department’s operational plan and budget to achieve targets in line with the KCAA
- Liaising with the planning and development team to identify improvements to the Engineering
- Liaising with the Quality Management department to ensure effective service delivery.
- Liaising with the regulator to implement effective inspection and surveillance of equipment
- Managing Aeronautical frequency spectrum utilisation and coordinating the allocation of radio telephony call signs with
- Developing and appraising Aeronautical Telecommunications infrastructure and systems.
- Maintaining safety management System for
- Performing other official duties as may be assigned by Director Air Navigation Services.
- BSc degree in Engineering (Mechanical/ Electrical/ Electronic/ Aeronautical) from recognized
- A Master’s degree in aviation related field from a recognized University;
- Certificate in at least three CNS Equipment Maintenance
- Be a registered member of the Engineers Registration Board or other relevant body recognized by law;
- Training in management and leadership
- 5 years’ experience in a senior position in a similar engineering
- Proven experience for financial and people management
- Extensive knowledge of the Kenya Civil Aviation Regulations and ICAO
- Project Management and Implementation
- Knowledge of trends in the Aviation
- Ability to manage crises by directing recourses
- Written and verbal communication
- Computer literate
How to Apply
Interested candidates are required to submit their application letter quoting the job reference No. on the envelope and application letter, attaching copies of certificates, testimonials, a detailed CV with daytime telephone and full
contact details of three professional referees to the address below. The application should be received not later than 22nd January 2020. Details of the job specifications can be obtained from the KCAA website at www.kcaa.or.ke
The Kenya Civil Aviation Authority is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates and persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Note: Persons living with disabilities are required to attach a valid membership card.
The Director General
Kenya Civil Aviation Authority
Aviation House – JKIA
P. O. Box 30163 – 00100
Only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.