Manager Jobs, Other Professions In Kenya, Kenya Leather Development Council Jobs
Position: Manager, Quality Assurance And Compliance
Job Ref No.: KLDC/001/2020
- Inspection and verification of leather and related products imports and exports;
- Initiate development and review of leather standards and guidelines;
- Initiate the development, review and implementation of leather standards in the sector in collaboration with KEBs and other stakeholders;
- Registration of leather industry players, (Tanneries, exporters/importers, manufacturers, accessories chemical suppliers and service providers);
- Monitor quality of raw materials and inputs;
- Carry out capacity building/training in leather value chain;
- Participate in development and revision of training curriculum and materials;
- Inspection, verification and certification of imports and exports (impex);
- Develop and implement quality assurance management system; and
- Ensure appropriate environmental management systems are in place.
- A minimum period of six (6) years relevant work experience, three (3) of which should be in a management position in the Public Service or Private Sector.
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in leather related field from a recognized institution.
- Possession of a Masters Degree in leather related field is an added advantage.
- Have a certificate in Leadership Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution.
- Professional qualification and membership to a professional body, where applicable.
- Be proficient in computer applications.
- Fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
- Demonstrate competence in work performance.APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
How to Apply
Interested candidates are expected to fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution
of Kenya. Specifically, they must obtain and submit with their application, copies of the
1. Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
2. Clearance/Compliance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
3. Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority
4. Clearance from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
5. Clearance from recognized Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Suitably qualified candidates are advised to download and complete the Candidates’ Profile and Application Form (from the ‘Vacancies’ section at www.leathercouncil.go.ke) indicating the Job Reference Number on the Job Application Form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org attaching certified copies of academic certificates and professional qualifications and National ID. Hand-delivered application can also be dropped at the Council’s Reception Desk located at CPA Centre, 5th Floor, Thika Road, next to KCA University.
Applications should be received not later than 5.00 pm, on 10th February, 2020. Kenya Leather Development Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality. Women, Youth, Persons with disabilities and those from marginalized communities and minority groups are encouraged to apply. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Detailed job description and specifications for the advertised positions and the job application form may be found on our website www.leathercouncil.go.ke