Mechanical Maintenance Officer Jobs, Engineering Jobs In Kenya, NFT Consult Jobs
Mechanical Maintenance Officer
Overall Job Purpose
To optimize equipment & utilities through maintenance techniques. To increase the availability & reliability of equipment.
Key Deliverables for this Position
- Preventive & Breakdown maintenance of injection/blow moulding machines & utilities.
- Inventory / Spare Part management
- Erection & commissioning of equipments
- Continual Improvements / TPM implementation
- Energy Conservation projects/ Cost saving projects
- Innovative practices
- Policy/Procedure Implementation
- Should have hands on experience in injection moulding / blow moulding machine maintenance & utility equipment with good knowledge of Hydraulics, Pneumatics, Mechanical systems & working knowledge of Electrical & Electronic Systems.
- Should be able to troubleshoot hydraulic & mechanical problems of moulding machines.
- Should be well conservent with toggle system maintenance, replacement of toggle pins, toggle arms, toggle bushes.
- Should be able to carry out ram cylinder maintenance, hydraulic seal replacement activity, Injection cylinder & hydro motor maintenance.
- Prepare & maintain minimum stock level of critical spares. Maintain inventory level as per standard while Developing and maintain a preventative maintenance program for machines to ensure optimal machine performance and availability for production and should be able to handle installation, erection & commissioning of new/upgrading projects.
- Assist with the enforcement of Quality System policies and procedures, while supporting continuous improvement efforts.
- Focuses team and sets priorities to ensure performance targets (KPI’s) are met. Leads team in achieving performance targets.
- Strives to identify and eliminate waste. Utilizes visual management tools and techniques to promote best practice and minimize downtime and also able to identify & implement cost saving projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business of Engineering -Mechanical option or A Diploma
- Minimum 12 years in the field of injection moulding machine & Utility maintenance.
FUNCTIONAL/ TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Should be well versed with TPM implementation, Kaizen.
- Should have worked with ERP system / SAP system
- Should be able to prepare MIS report for Maintenance
- Should be competitive in MS-Office & Internet application
- Should have strong interpersonal, communication & good analytical skills
- Equipment: Blow & Injection moulding equipments and Utilities namely Netstal, Ferromatik Milacron, Engel, Husky, Kautex, Atlas Copco, Piovan Chillers, HT Transformers, UPS
- Ability to cope with pressure
- Personal ownership and accountability
- Energized, positive, passionate and confident.
- Flexible – Must be willing to work a flexible schedule based on business needs which include evenings, weekends and holidays.
How to Apply