Medical Laboratory Technologist Jobs, Medical Jobs In Kenya, Kenyatta National Hospital Jobs
Kenyatta National Hospital is a government state corporation whose vision is to be a world class referral hospital in the provision of innovative and specialized healthcare. The Hospital seeks to recruit dynamic, highly motivated, innovative and experienced individuals to fill the following vacant positions. For those applying for the positions below, kindly indicate the code: KNH/NAIROBI 2020.
MEDICAL LABORATORY TECHNOLOGIST I, JOB GROUPK8 (9 POSTS)
An officer at this level will be responsible to the Senior Medical Laboratory Technologist in the provision of laboratory services in the Hospital.
- Recruiting, preparing and screening of blood donors for transfusion services;
- Performing blood grouping;
- Storing blood products according to their requirements;
- Screening for blood transfusion, infections, issuing blood and blood products to peripheral health facilities;
- Preparing blood products;
- Collecting and analyzing data;
- Processing the specimen according to the specified standard operating procedures (SOP);
- Supervising the disinfection, washing and sterilizing of apparatus;
- Mentoring and coaching trainees on practical attachment;
- Receiving and scrutinizing laboratory requisition forms/specimens;
- Preparing clients for collection of specimens;
- Receiving, collecting, labeling and registering specimens;
- Transferring specimens to specific sections for processing and analysis;
- Preparing reagents;
- Examining specimens;
- Writing and recording of results;
- Dispatching laboratory results for clinical management; and
- Preparing stains.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Laboratory Sciences in any of the following disciplines; Parasitology and Entomology,Clinical Chemistry,Medical Bio- Chemistry, Haematology,Blood Transfusion Science, Virology, Bacteriology, Histopathology, Clinical Cytology, Immunology, Mycology and Epidemiology or equivalent qualification from an institution recognized by the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board.
- Registration Certificate issued by the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board (KMLTTB).
- Valid practicing license from Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board.
- Proficiency in computer
- Fulfilled with the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of The Constitution of Kenya
How to Apply
Those interested in applying for the declared vacancies and meet the job specifications are required to apply online and submit a hard copy of the Hospital application form available in the website with copies of certificates and testimonials on or before 18thFebruary2020 to the address below:
The Chief Executive Officer Kenyatta National Hospital P.O Box 20723-00202 NAIROBI
“Kenyatta National Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and qualified candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and must present the following documents during the interview:-
- A certificate of good conduct from the National Police Service
- EACC Clearance
- Credit Reference Bureau Clearance
- HELB Compliance
- KRA Tax Compliance
For those applying for the positions above, kindly indicate the code:
“CANVASSING WILL LEAD TO AUTOMATIC DISQUALIFICATION”
Must Read>>> Is It A Scam? 6 Red Flags To Look Out For During Your Job Search