Monitoring & Evaluation Manager Jobs, Medical Jobs in Kenya, Kenyatta National Hospital Jobs
Reporting to the Deputy Director, Planning & Strategy, the Monitoring and Evaluation Manager will be responsible for monitoring &Evaluating all Hospital strategies, policies, programs and projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans, organizes, directs and coordinates the activities of the professional and support staff of the Monitoring and Evaluation section.
- Establishes and manages a performance monitoring and evaluation framework with specific goals, outcomes, inputs, processes, indicators, data needs and sources as well as reporting templates and frequency, for effective monitoring, reporting and updating of the progress of programmes and projects in the Hospital.
- Leads the development and implementation of Monitoring and Evaluation systems for all programmes and projects in the Hospital including desining frameworks and procedures for monitoring and evaluation, provides training in Monitoring and Evaluation techniques to staff in the Hospital.
- Leads the analysis of data collected under the Monitoring and Evaluation framework in order to assess progress and areas for improvement.
- Oversees the conduct of mid-term and post-programme evaluation and the preparation of periodic progress reports on programmes, projects and strategies.
- Direct analysis of Monitoring and Evaluation findings, best practices and lessons learned and the dissemination of same to department/units.
- Supports Senior Management in employing an impact and evidence-based approach to working so that lessons learnt are implemented in future plans and priorities
- Oversees the collection and provision of planning data for the formulation of Hospitals development strategies.
- Build capacity and establish partnership for Monitoring and Evaluation in the
Qualifications and Experience
- A Masters Degree in any of the following disciplines: Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Monitoring &Evaluation, Demographics techniques, Epidemiology, Operation research, Survey techniques, Strategy or relevant field from the recognized University.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Monitoring &Evaluation, Demographics techniques, operation research, survey techniques, Strategy, Project Management, Medical/ Health sciences or relevant field from the recognized University.
- A minimum period of eight (8) years relevant work experience and at least three (3) years’ experience in a supervisory capacity.
- Experience in strategic planning, performance measurement, indicator selection, and target setting, reporting and database management.
- Experience in developing Monitoring and Evaluation and performance monitoring
plans and tools.
- A certificate in Leadership/Management lasting not less than 4 weeks.
- Certificate in monitoring and evaluation course.
- Proficiency in statistical packages and strong quantitative and qualitative research skills.
- Fulfill the requirements Chapter six (6) of the Constitution Kenya, 2010.
How To Apply
Those interested in applying for the declared vacancies and meet the job specifications are required to apply online and submit a hard copy of the Hospital application form available in the website with copies of certificates and testimonials on or before 18th February 2020 to the address below:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenyatta National Hospital
P.O Box 20723-00202
“Kenyatta National Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and qualified candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply”.
Please visit our website www.knh.or.ke for full profile of all the advertised positions and the Hospital application form and also the link to apply online.
NB: (a) Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and must present the following documents during the interview:-
- A certificate of good conduct from the National Police Service
- EACC Clearance
- Credit Reference Bureau Clearance
- HELB Compliance
- KRA Tax Compliance
Quick Read>>>Questions To Ask In An Interview