Business Development Manager Jobs, Sales & Marketing Jobs In Kenya, Kenya Airways Jobs
Position: Business Development Manager
The role holder will be responsible for prospecting, building and managing a pipeline for the various segments of potential/new customers, striving to be the best and relentlessly increase the pipeline with an aim for conversion while significantly influencing sales team dynamics as well as product and servicing strategy.
Develop markets specific sales plans including detailed plan for execution, based on data.
Strong focus on prospecting, building and managing a pipeline for the various segments of potential customers, with a high focus on conversion:
- corporate and trade
- cargo sales
- groups and MICE
- Implement Buyer process mapping, including buyer process maps, buyer personas matrix, outline and preparation of response to detailed questions to be expected from buyers throughout the sales process.
- Sales process adoption and ownership by mapping the sales process to the buying process, customizing and continuously improving, with field testing and proof.
- Work together with clients on regular basis through the sales cycle and beyond.
- Reflect regularly with the team on how to become more effective, continuous improvement and adjust accordingly.
- Think quickly and with clear objectives in mind, making adjustments daily to overcome buyer objections effectively, to ensure a differentiating customer experience and cost-effective management of the country/region with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Drive meetings with sales teams and customer working closely with Sales Manager Customer Success who is responsible for the welfare and development of the team.
- A strong team player helping to engage existing customers and prospects and to tailor the sales process to best serve the market needs.
- Ensure central support (Head Office) develops strongly the tool boxes and analytics needed whilst local availability of respective activities.
- Implement the quick wins identified in line with the agreed timelines.
- Hand over new prospects but keep responsibility to ensure seamless sales and account management.
- Increase sales productivity and total pipeline size
- Build and manage pipeline to develop new business, writing cold emails and doing cold calls, pricing quotes, developing customized creative sales presentations
- Ensure at least 2 visits of prospects per day.
- Increased rate of conversion
- Average fare budgeted or higher
- SLF budgeted or higher
- No of contracted corporates and SMEs
- Total revenue growth above production growth
- Cost efficiency, productivity, profitability:
- Route profitability
- Forecast accuracy
- Revenue / employee
- Online and direct channel share > 50%
- Cost per seat (by fleet)
- Revenue per seat (by fleet)
- People effectiveness and collaboration:
- Seamless transformation into the new sales and role model
- Accountability for daily behaviors and resolution within 2 days
- Ensure consistent processes
- CRM and sales tool adoption
- Number of innovative solutions proposed and implemented
- Real time reporting and use of figures for improved sales conversion
- Customer satisfaction: and insight
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business related course and regulatory understanding.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of Sales experience
- Knowledge and experience with management information and strong analytical skills
- Commercial orientation and ability to influence decisions with effective communication
- International experience is considered an advantage
- Demonstrated experience in managing sales teams and growing revenue year on year, ideally from a travel/service background
- Strong commercial business acumen/entrepreneurship and a service mindset
- Tech-savvy and can demonstrate a clear understanding and articulation of formal sales processes.
- Highly analytical
- Coaching and developing others
- Initiative and proactiveness
- Aggressive, energetic, results and orientation