News Editor Jobs, Communication Jobs in Kenya, Media Jobs in Kenya, Citizen TV Jobs.
Royal Media Services Limited is seeking to recruit a highly qualified individual for the above position. The job holder will be responsible for coordinating news gathering operations as well as producing various news and current affairs shows for the company’s multiple platforms.
The New Editor’s role will include the following:-
- Generate news stories for all Royal Media platforms
- Manage the running of the News Desk
- Assign various duties to reporters and correspondents on the docket or beat
- Monitor news content & feedback on social media
- Guide county correspondents on what to cover and how to package their items
- Manage the running order for assigned news and current affairs shows
- Proofread script to ensure it is balanced, properly presented, free of errors and adheres to the company editorial policy and house style.
- Ensure adherence to the highest level of integrity
Skills and Personal Attributes
- Impeccable command of English and Kiswahili
- Ability to work long odd hours
- Editing skills
- People management skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Understanding of Media Laws & Ethics
- Self driven, assertive, punctual & organized
- Have a nose for news, widely knowledgeable & attention to detail
- Demonstrate enthusiasm, drive, commitment, honesty and loyalty
Academic and professional Experience
- University Graduate in Communication or another related field from a recognized University. Masters degree in Communication or equivalent will be an added advantage.
- At least 5 years experience in a reputable newsroom three of which must be in a senior position preferably as a news editor.
How To Apply.
If you qualify, please send your application and resume to: email@example.com. For internal staff, drop your application in the HR office.
Clearly cite Job Ref No HRD-NE-01-2020 in your email. Closing date will be Tuesday the 14th of January 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.