NOC Engineer Job, Engineering Jobs In Kenya, Viscar Industrial Jobs
Position: NOC Engineers
Our client, a telecom firm, seeks to recruit talented, dynamic and result-oriented professionals to
fill the above position. The NOC Network Operations Engineer has the responsibility of monitoring and maintaining the network, servers and any telecommunications equipment in the company datacenter. When the
system malfunctions, the NOC technician troubleshoots the network, makes repairs and gets the system back up as quickly as possible. This can require the technician to work at all hours of the day, depending on when the network disruption occurs. There are three main roles in the Network Operation Center (NOC), these are: – to ensure
maximum possible service availability and performance; to provision customer network services on core equipment and; to provide support services for Engineering and other technical teams.
• Provide 24-hour Network Health surveillance and alarm reporting utilizing network
monitoring and surveillance software.
• Review and general clean-up of Ticket queue.
• Ensure timely resolution to trouble tickets.
• Ensure timely follow up with customers via e-mails or phone calls.
• Troubleshooting Network issues
• Toll Fraud monitoring
• Carrier route testing capturing and analyzing customer QoS and RFC events
• Responsible for basic troubleshooting network routers and switches to isolate the trouble
and take appropriate action to resolve.
• Detect what repairs and maintenance is needed in the office, provide a report and follow
• Bachelor’s Degree qualification or above majoring in Telecommunication / IT / Computer
Science / Engineering / or other related technical discipline
• 1-2 years’ experience in Network Operations
Skills and Experience:
• Well conversant with Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook.
• Cisco certifications and VoIP fundamentals a plus
• Must possess strong interpersonal skills and have the ability to interact with all levels of
employees in a professional manner.
• As an essential function of this position, the employee must be able to handle high levels
of stress satisfactorily and be congenial with other employees and customers at all times.
• The NOC is a fast-paced environment, critical thinking is essential. Ideas will be
extrapolated from one situation to another.
• Strict adherence to company policies, confidentiality, and mature judgment must be
demonstrated at all times.
• Assigned duties should be performed in a timely and accurate manner.
• As this individual often represents the internal and external customers and colleagues –
professionalism is a must.
• Must handle responsibilities by multi-tasking, working independently and with minimal
• Must deliver objectives both individually and by interaction with others, therefore must
demonstrate an understanding of organizational functions and departments. IP/Packet Core
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the qualifications mentioned above are encouraged to apply by sending an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the Job Position in the SUBJECT line not later than 7th February 2020