NOT Getting Job Interviews? Get A Professional CV Today. Click Here For Details
Operations Director Jobs, Director Jobs In Kenya, Komaza Jobs
Position: Operations Director
The Harvest department is one of the newest teams at Komaza and is expected to grow dramatically over the new few years – hiring dozens of staff, investing in mechanization, adding new teams in Kwale county, and providing some support to our pilot in central Kenya. In this role you will build, lead and grow our harvest planning and operations. You’ll work closely with company leadership to develop and refine the strategic vision for the Harvest department for the next 3-5 years and prioritize activities to achieve this vision. You’ll develop, implement and optimize the management systems, training materials, and SOPs to enable significant growth of Harvest operations. As Harvest Director, you will directly report to the VP Forestry Operations.
- Harvest OMS: Build the harvest operations management system (OMS) which will allow the harvest operations coordinators to manage dozens of staff and thousands of farms remotely.
- Team: Build the team needed to design our harvest systems and execute them at scale.
- Harvest Systems: Build efficient, effective systems to ensure all farms are thinned/clearfelled/coppice clearfelled at the right time and at the right $/CBM.
- Harvest Data: Work with our technology and growth modeling teams to collect, validate, store, analyze and report the huge volumes of data needed to managed thousands of wood lots across Kilifi and Kwale counties.
- Harvest Innovation: After building the basic systems above, take the lead on designing step-change improvements or modifications to our harvest systems.
- Harvest Execution: Manage, inspire, coach, and problem-solve with the team to hit forest management, CBM, and cost per CBM targets.
- Systems Design: You love iterative systems design with a focus on efficiency and effectiveness. You get out into the field personally to try systems and field-test with harvest teams. You are comfortable designing materials and write SOPs personally in addition to working through associates.
- Attitude: You lead from the front and by example. You have a passion for both creative office work and field time. You are a compassionate leader who also pushes team to excel. You own results and get stuff done.
- Data-Driven Decision Making – You collect and draw upon data to improve operational systems and make decisions. You support recommendations with both quantitative and qualitative data (but primarily quantitative data).
How to Apply