Operations Intern, Administrations Jobs In Kenya, Mercy Corps Jobs
Position: Operations Intern
The Operations intern will support the work of administration and operation functions of the AgriFin Program Office in Nairobi. Working closely with Program, Operations and Finance, the Operations intern is instrumental in supporting program activities through his/her services. The intern will work under the supervision of the MercyCorps Senior Manager, Operations and HR
- Coordinate and maintain current all work permits, visas and other documentation for Mercy Corps expatriate employees and visitors
- Compiles documents required for processing payments and prepares payments requests
- Participate in tender processes as facilitator when required and in preparation of the tender analysis documents
- Ensure contracts are well tracked and renewed on time through the use of the contract database
- Establish and maintain a proper filing system for operations documents
- Assists with review and compiling of timesheets and management of the leave database
- Gain experience in Administrative and office operations processes
- Gain experience in Multi-tasking and Time management
- A bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, finance or related field
- The ideal candidate will have a strong curiosity for understanding. S/he will be an excellent communicator, multi-tasker, and able to work in ambiguous situations.
- S/he will be a tolerant and flexible individual able to work in difficult and stressful environments and follow procedures.
- S/he will be a team-player with a positive attitude toward problem solving and conflict resolution.
- The successful candidate will be focused on team-building; be a strategic thinker, have strong skills in project management and maintain a sense of humor.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above required qualifications and experience should submit a cover letter, detailed curriculum vitae (CV) listing three professional referees (including a recent supervisor) to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Friday 31st January 2020 by 5.00pm.
The email subject line must clearly show the job title.
Applications without the right subject heading will be automatically disqualified.
Please do not attach any certificates.
(Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. We will only get in touch with shortlisted candidates)
NB: Mercy Corps AgriFin Program does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process