P1 Teacher Jobs, Teaching Jobs in Kenya, SHOFCO Jobs
SHOFCO is a grassroots organization that unlocks the potential of urban slum dwellers to lead hopeful and fulfilling lives. SHOFCO disrupts survival mode by providing critical services including health care, clean water, education, and economic empowerment; and links these efforts to a community-led advocacy platform. SHOFCO is a rapidly-growing organization that currently impacts over 300,000 people across 9 urban slums in Kenya. Over the next 5-10 years, SHOFCO aims to become a national platform for urban slum transformation across Kenya, demonstrating a scalable and replicable model that can be used around the world. For more information, please visit www.shofco.org.
Manager, Sustainable Livelihoods
To be responsible for creating a flexible elementary grade program and a class environment favourable to learning and personal growth; this is aimed at ultimately developing strong, ethical, community centred female leaders of tomorrow.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Teach: English, Science & CRE
- Develop lesson plans and instructional materials.
- Provide individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student.
- Create and use variety of instruction strategies,
- Translate lesson plans into learning experiences.
- Establish and maintain standards of student behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Evaluate students’ academic and social growth.
- Prepare progress reports and keep records.
- Communicate with parents on students’ progress.
- Interpret the school program.
- Coordinate with other professional staff members in assessing and helping students solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
- Create an effective environment for learning.
- Select and requisition books and instructional aids.
- Maintain required inventory records.
- Supervise students in out-of-classroom activities during the school day.
- Administer group standardized tests in accordance with school and national testing program.
- Participate in curriculum development programs as required.
Education, Experience and Skills
- P1 or Diploma in Education
- Must be registered with Teachers Service Commission
Other requirements (unique/job specific)
- At least 3 years working experience
- Preference to upper school lady teachers
- Articulating information
- Adopting practical approaches
- Providing insights
- Taking action
- Establishing rapport
- Valuing individuals
- Inviting feedback
- Understanding people
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send their applications together with a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting their current and expected salaries. The Subject should clearly indicate the position being applied for. Shortlisting will be done on a roll out basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.