Payables Bookkeeper Jobs, Accounting Jobs in Kenya, Finance Jobs in Kenya, Sokowatch Jobs
Sokowatch is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. By connecting small shops to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services that were previously unavailable. Sokowatch aims to provide everything a retailer needs, no wholesalers or banks necessary.
We are searching for a stellar Payables Bookkeeper to assist our Head of Payables in verifying invoices, scheduling payments, cash management, maintaining records, and posting transactions.
Sokowatch is currently hiring a Payables Bookkeeper to be based in Nairobi.
:Duties & Responsibilities:
- Match purchase orders with invoices, delivery notes, goods received notes
- Liaise with the supplier relations team to confirm that contract terms have been satisfied prior to processing payment
- Maintain accurate records of invoices, payments and credit notes on the accounting system
- Verify cash and inventory numbers on accounting system
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual tax declarations, including payroll, operating and business taxes
- Prepare payables reports and other financial and analytical reports for review by management
The successful candidate will possess
- 3+ years of bookkeeping experience, preferably in retail, at a company with over $100,000 USD in annual turnover, or at a leading regional or international accounting firm
- Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration; CPA a plus but not required
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills, preferably Quickbooks
- An enthusiastic team player and strong interpersonal skills.
- A collaborative, team player with integrity and a desire to work in a dynamic, fast paced, start-up environment
- Fluency in English (both oral and written) and the ability to communicate with sophistication within a business setting.
How To Apply
To apply for this position please submit your CV and a brief statement of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org by 29th February 2020 clearly indicating the position on the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Quick Read>>>How To Write a Sales CV Career Objective