Principal Economist Jobs, Finanace Jobs In Kenya, Kilifi County Jobs
Position: Principal Economist J/G N (1 Position)
Terms of Service: – Permanent
Salary Scale: 55,150 – 82,330 p.m.
Other Allowances are as issued by SRC from time to time
The holder of this position is responsible for provision of support in formulation of economic plans, policies and measurement of execution of the plans.
- Analyzing, formulate and oversee the measurement of economic plans and policies;
- Participate in the preparation of the economic plans to ensure sectoral plans and other strategies are budgeted for.
- Strong report writing skills on public economics, financial economics and sector specific economic issues
- Align sector plans to the midterm plan and measure contribution of the plans to the sustainable development goals
- Analyze and interpret economic data to develop county economic development policies.
- Lead capacity building of departments on formulation of economic plans and measurement of their implementation.
- Develop and maintain active engagement with other development partners and local think tanks and researchers.
- Be Kenyan Citizen
- Served in the grade of Chief Economist or in a comparable and relevant position in the Public Service or private sector for a minimum period of three (3) years;
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Macroeconomics and Mathematics.
- Technical Proficiency: Skills and experience in working on economic policy issues and data analysis. Strong conceptual, analytical and evaluative skills in these areas.
- Member of the chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or certified investment and Financial Analyst (CIFA) or relevant proficiency body.
- Experience in statistical software (STATA, SAS, E-views, and R&MATLAB).
- Advanced skills in the usage of MS – Excel).
- Attended a management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the set criteria MUST use the Application for Employment Form (KCPSB 001) and attach copies of ID, CV, academic/ professional certificates and testimonials.
The form can either be;
- Obtained from the Kilifi County Public Service Board Offices OR
- Downloaded from the Kilifi County website
Applicants can choose to;
- Deliver the form to the Office of the Secretary; County Public Service Board at the Kilifi Complex Centre, Tuskys Building 2nd Floor
- Address it to;-
THE SECRETARY, COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
KILIFI COUNTY GOVERNMENT
P.O BOX 491-80108
All applications in hard copy stating the post applied for should be received not later than 5.00pm on 13th day of February, 2020.
Kilifi County is an equal opportunity employer hence encourages women and physically challenged persons to apply.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.