Principal Legal Counsel Jobs, Legal Jobs In Kenya, Mandera County Jobs
Mandera County Public Service Board invites applications from suitable and qualified Kenya Citizens to fill the following vacant positions as per the constitution of Kenya 2010 and County Government Act No 17 of 2012.
PRINCIPAL LEGAL COUNSEL (Drafting and Litigation) two (2) posts- JG ‘Q’- VACANCY MCG/MCPSB/DL/24/12/19/18
Terms of service –permanent and pensionable
- Undertaking research on assigned legal issues;
- Analysing research data and compiling reports;
- Preparing preliminary legal documents/instruments and liaising with the County Director legal
- Advising on various legal policy issues;
- Coordinating the activities of the County cases before Court including drawing of charge sheets, bonding of witnesses, application for warrants and application for witness summons;
- Developing County legislation including review of drafts Bills, research on various pieces of legislation and departmental advisory on the legislative drafting;
- Attending court to represent the County in both civil and criminal litigation;
- Undertaking conveyance duties;
- Preparing legal opinions and reviewing County legislation;
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
- Be a Kenyan citizen;
- Bachelor of Laws (L.L.B) degree from a university recognized in Kenya;
- Post graduate Diploma in Law from the Kenya School of Law;
- Must be an advocate of the High Court of Kenya with a current practicing
- a minimum experience of five (5) years in public Service or if from private legal practice must have served for at least six (6) years;
- Certificate in Computer Applications;
- Meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya,
How to Apply
Interested applicant should fill in application form and attach copies of Certificates, Testimonials and Identity Card.The Form can be downloaded from Mandera County Website www.mandera.go.ke or obtained from Mandera County Public Service Board office, All Sub County Administrators Office in Mandera County.
Detailed of job descriptions, duties and requirements for appointments for the above positions can be obtained from the County website www.mandera.go.ke
All Chapter Six Clearance documents must also be attached to the employment application form.
No Online applications will be accepted.
The Board will not accept any other form of application except Mandera County employments application form stated above.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Mandera County Government is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women, youth and Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Any form of canvasing and giving false information in employment application form will lead to automatic disqualification
Application should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left side indicating position being applied for and vacancy number and;-
Mandera County Public Service Board,
P.O. Box 356-70300, Mandera.
Applications should reach the County Public Service Board on or before Monday 13th, January 2020 by 4.00p.m. Or by hand delivered to the office of the County Public Service Board at Mandera Vocational Training Centre.