Procurement & Admin Internships, Internships In Kenya, Sanergy Jobs
Position:Procurement & Admin Intern
Location: First 1-2 months the position will be in Nairobi and thereafter in Kilifi.
Sanergy is an award-winning social enterprise that employs the circular economy approach to treat and convert all forms of urban waste into organic fertilizer and insect-based animal protein. Sanergy manufactures and distributes Evergrow Organic Fertilizer and Kuzapro Insect Based Animal Protein, under the Farm Star brand. We are an increasingly sophisticated, highly intricate organization with many moving parts. Sanergy seeks accomplished, driven individuals who will make substantive contributions to the organization. We are currently seeking a Procurement and Administration Intern who will be responsible for addressing all procurement and administration needs in the respective teams and collaborating with all relevant stakeholders.
- Act as advisory to clients who are facing challenges before, during and after a purchasing process. Explain clearly what is needed for a given purchase (especially if new purchase, or a new customer), and the steps that need to be taken, by whom, and expected timelines at the beginning or at any point in the purchasing process. The customer should fully understand what needs to happen, and why each requirement/step is important, for any purchase they are making.
- Source for quotations from suppliers and negotiate for better prices and value and maintain long-lasting relationships with them as well as existing suppliers.
- Maintaining an updated supplier’s database-That includes prepayment and credit vendors, Primary or secondary vendors, Premise, contact person and number.
- Working with Vendors to achieve the best partnership for the company e.g secure more credit terms of payment than prepayment of goods, delivery of goods.
- Planning, tracking and execution of timely collections and delivery of items from various vendors. This includes contacting vendors in order to schedule or expedite deliveries and to resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries, and other problems.
- When goods are acquired, follows up with the departments receiving them in order to make sure that everything is satisfactory. If anything is unsatisfactory, the assistant devises a new plan of action in order to obtain quality goods.
- High levels of collaboration with QHSE for quality standards
- Research for potential vendors
- Request vendors to provide a monthly statement of accounts to monitor debits and credits and maintain a tracker.
- Ensure that all relevant documents are availed to the Procurement Assistant within the agreed SLA time and payment processing to be done within the recommended time frames.
- Planning and execution of timely collections and delivery of items from various vendors. This includes contacting vendors in order to schedule or expedite deliveries and to resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries, and other problems to avoid stock-outs.
- Respond to customer and supplier inquiries about order status, changes, or cancellations.
- Ensure that guests are welcomed and offered assistance
- Coordinate courier services
- Perform general office clerical duties.
- Maintain office equipment (Printers and Projectors) and if there are any issues escalate to the Maintenance team
- Implement and maintain a filing system for all administration related documents
- Maintain all Administrative trackers, and ensure that the trackers at any one time are up-to-date
- Maintain supplies by checking stock monthly to determine inventory levels; anticipating requirements; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt; stocking items.
- Raise administrative related Requisitions and liaise with procurement Assistant to ensure that procurement requests are approved and payment processed on time to avoid discontinuation of service
- Scan filled in forms to HR Administrative coordinator for example Salary Advance, Leave Request forms.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor as needed
- A degree/diploma in Purchasing/ Supply Chain management or a related field.
- Working experience with an ERP system.
- Previous experience in an admin related role.
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and comfort with continually adapting plans
- Strong interpersonal, communication & presentation skills (verbal, written) and the ability to build effective internal and external client relationships. Should have the ability to exercise tact, courtesy, and judgment in working with all levels of staff.
- Pleasant, energetic, confident, with a positive, can-do attitude, good work ethic, and professionalism.
- High level of organization.
- KRA PIN
- Police Clearance Certificate
- Academic Transcripts and Academic Certificates
How to Apply
To apply, please submit a cover letter clearly indicating your available start state (include notice period) and your interest in this role, and your resume/CV that includes a list of three referees by 28th January 2020. Kindly indicate your salary expectations.
NB: Please note that for the first 1-2 months the position will be in Nairobi and thereafter in Kilifi.