Program Director Jobs, Director Jobs In Kenya, Deloitte Jobs
Position: Program Director
About the Client
Our client, mandated with the Corporate Social Responsibility Programmes for one of the leading Financial Services institutions in East Africa, and committed to sustainable development to alleviate poverty and enhance well-being through various community programmes in East Africa (Kenya, South Sudan, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Burundi), has recently entered into a key partnership programme. The partnership is targeted to reach both Micro and Small Enterprises, focusing on Manufacturing, Agricultural and Construction Sectors, and seeks to alleviate poverty for Women and Youth in the informal sector through Wealth Creation and Employment. These programmes are delivered to beneficiaries in three phases of Training, Incubation and Transition into the market.Our Client seeks to recruit a dynamic and visionary Program Director.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Program Director will be responsible for overall strategic and operational coordination of the programmes to ensure delivery of over a million jobs under these programmes, in accordance with laid rules, regulations, and policies. The successful candidate will lead the project management team, ensure responsiveness to the donor and other stakeholders, provide high-level oversight in ensuring the project resources are allocated and used effectively and in a manner that makes maximum contribution to project objectives. The role holder will also be responsible for work planning, resource allocation, grant accounting, monitoring and evaluation, research, performance management, communication and new business case development. The job holder will also manage end-to-end processes; including reviewing, proposing and supervising the technical and business training programs; providing access to finance and markets for youth agribusinesses; managing implementation providers and providing strategic influencing to ensure regular stakeholder participation and collaboration. The Program Director will also be accountable for successful implementation of the value chain approach, creating and strengthening linkages between the youth and market off takers and other service providers in the value chain.
- In liaison with the MD and staff, plan, implement and monitor all aspects of the programme in collaboration with technical staff, partners, and short-term consultants;
- Manage projects and serve as the key liaison with key stakeholders and implementing partners;
- Ensure appropriate reporting, financial oversight and compliance of the project in accordance with policies, rules and regulations;
- Identify viable value chains and business opportunities with the greatest potential for young men and women to generate work opportunities, and to start or expand businesses in the selected value chains by the specified time;
- In liaison with the Managing Director and Head of Finance, deploy effective and transparent use of financial resources for timely and informative reporting in line with policies and procedures;
- Lead the development and implementation of the programme monitoring and evaluation plan to ensure programme activities are tracked and reviewed in line with the overall goals and objectives, and the desired impact;
- Visit assigned sites on a regular basis and oversee implementation and execution of ongoing project tasks;
- Establish a sustainable work environment that promotes learning through documentation and knowledge sharing around best practices and lessons learned to ensure effective, efficient and quality program delivery;
- Develop and ensure timely monthly, quarterly and annual programmatic reporting and information; and
- Initiate and implement effective people management, ensuring highly skilled staff are recruited, properly inducted and empowered to provide leadership and decision-making, and inculcate a culture of high performing standards.
- Holder of a Bachelor’s Degree in the fields of Agriculture Economics, Agribusiness, Business Administration, Rural Development and Enterprise Development in Kenya or sub-Saharan Africa, or a related field, gained from a recognised institution. A Master’s Degree in any of these fields will be an added advantage;
- Have knowledge and relevant work experience of 15 years and above, with not less than 10 years in senior management roles in commercial agriculture, agribusiness development, and access to finance in Sub-Saharan Africa;
- Have practical experience in creating a partnership approach in reinforcing network ties between implementing partners and agribusinesses for youth work opportunities;
- Possess a proven track record in managing smallholder/MSME Business Development Support grants and credit facility in the agriculture development space with objectives of creating work opportunities for young men and women;
- Possess deep understanding of the capacities and constraints of smallholder farming and agribusiness development;
- Have knowledge and experience leading complex programs, with familiarity with reporting mechanisms and experience in leading multidisciplinary teams;
- Must have a good understanding of the financial services sector and experience of agricultural development program design;
- Should have strong and trackable strategic leadership, business, and innovation skills; and
- Have demonstrable knowledge of the latest developments in best practices in pro-poor value chain development that reaches women and youth.
How to Apply
If you believe you clearly meet the relevant criteria for this role, please submit your application, copies of your academic and professional certificates, testimonials and your curriculum vitae, including among other, details of your current position, current and expected remuneration, email and telephone contacts of three (3) referees familiar with your qualifications and work experience, clearly quoting the relevant reference number Ref: PD-01/2020.
To be considered, your application must be received not later than 29 January 2020 addressed to the contact provided below. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Executive Selection Division
Deloitte Consulting Limited
Deloitte Place, Waiyaki Way Westlands,