Program Integrity Assistant Jobs, NGO Jobs in Kenya, Church World Service Jobs
- This position is responsible for assisting the Director and Program Integrity Specialist to ensure all United States Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP) processing is free from fraud and malfeasance, by assisting with the delivery of trainings to staff and contractors on the Program Integrity Guidelines, ethics, and fraud prevention and providing support to investigations and data collection.
- This positions reports to the Program Integrity Specialist.
- Works closely with the Director and Program Integrity Specialist to ensure that the United States Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP) Program Integrity Guidelines are implemented, adhered to, and reported appropriately.
- Assists in the preparation of and ensures the quality of data for quarterly and annual reporting.
- Supports the development of improved ways to collect and manage Program Integrity Guidelines compliance data.
- Provides basic investigations support to include but not be limited to transcribing notes, handling and filing sensitive documents, conducting interviews, gathering technical information and documents relevant to investigations, and investigations follow-up under the authorization of the Director.
- Provides administrative support of the Fraud and Ethics Committee.
- Maintains a current knowledge of the USRAP.
Travels periodically to field locations throughout sub-Saharan Africa.
- Performs other duties that may be assigned by the Program Integrity Specialist to enhance the efficiency and efficacy of the operation.
- Bachelor’s Degree or four (4) years of experience in lieu of a Bachelor’s Degree is required
- Two (2) years of paid work experience is required
- Monitoring and evaluation experience is required.
- Previous US Refugee Admissions Program experience preferred.
- Administrative investigations experience preferred.
- Compliance data collection and reporting experience preferred.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong verbal and written English language skills
- Demonstrated IT skills, including experience using MS office, and reporting software.
- Strong self-motivation and initiative skills.
- Thorough knowledge of US Refugee Admissions Program, WRAPS and Reports Manager preferred.
The Program Integrity Assistant must have the ability to:
- Assist in the coordination of multiple sets of deliverables with varying timelines and competing priorities;
- Maintain a high performance standard with attention to detail;
- Work effectively in a high-paced environment;
- Exercise good judgment and seek guidance as appropriate when confronted with unanticipated challenges;
- Effectively carry out work in, sometimes, austere environments;
- Follow instructions from the supervisor with a positive, receptive, and collaborative attitude;
- Carry out all of the duties of the position efficiently and effectively with minimal supervision;
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing;
- Maintain a diplomatic, professional manner at all times;
- Work well in settings with diverse colleagues;
- Conduct oneself in a professional and courteous manner to represent the best interests of RSC Africa and CWS/IRP.
- Travel throughout sub-Saharan Africa;
Maintain strict confidentiality with RSC Africa administrative and operational information
- This position requires bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, sitting, standing, walking, pushing/pulling, handling objects (manual dexterity), reaching above shoulder level, using fine finger movements and lifting/carrying heavy loads.
- Incumbents in this position will be exposed to excessive noise, marked changes in temperature and/or humidity, dust and infectious diseases, harsh weather climates, long work hours, bumpy roads, extended travel, excessive sun exposure, and non-ventilated spaces
- Certificate of Good conduct issued within the last one year (12 months) is required before the start of employment.
- The candidate should be of good health, willing and able to travel extensively in often difficult conditions, and have a high degree of flexibility.
- Must have proof of Yellow Fever vaccination before traveling for CWS RSC Africa.
- Employee will be entrusted with the receipt, custody and payment of money.
- None required.
- Ensure effective exchanges of information with others.
- Examples of skills and behaviors include speaking to others respectfully; expressing ideas in a logical, organized way; sharing information appropriately; and clarity and conciseness in written communication.
- Ensure constructive and supportive interactions with others. Examples of skills and behaviors include being positive and supportive when working with others; sharing information and resources freely; resolving conflict constructively; and proactively working to remove obstacles to success for others.
- Utilize and apply job related knowledge to complete job tasks at a level that meets or exceeds expectations.
- Examples of skills and behaviors include utilizing job knowledge to solve problems or develop new approaches; maintaining or enhancing skills through continuing education; and taking on projects that will develop or enhance skills.
- Work effectively and contribute as a member of a team.
- Examples of skills and behaviors include supporting other team members by sharing information; covering the work of others during absences, vacations etc.; and actively participating in developing ideas for ways to increase team effectiveness.
- Analyze information and develop solutions to challenges that arise during the course of performing a job.
- Examples of skills and behaviors include researching and collecting facts; defining the issues and the parties affected; formulating options/solutions for addressing the problem; and engendering support for and implementing the solution.
Program Planning and Management
- Organize work and/or plan projects and ensure timely completion and/or successful implementation.
- Examples of skills and behaviors include identifying and analyzing program options; identifying the tasks and deliverables required for successful completion; managing one’s time; monitoring the resources involved and ensuring that they are directed most effectively; and working with all involved to ensure successful completion.
- Guide and direct oneself or other individuals and groups toward a desired outcome.
- Examples of skills and behaviors include taking the appropriate level of initiative to resolve problems or remove obstacles, bringing individuals together around a common goal; evaluating information and making decisions; navigating conflict and obstacles; and ensuring that communication takes place between all parties involved.
Resource Building and Stewardship
- Balance the acquisition or investment of organization resources with responsible use of those resources in line with the organization’s mission.
- Examples of skills and behaviors include taking advantage of all opportunities to cultivate potential donors; evaluating situations to identify the best use of resources; and making responsible investments of resources that increase organization effectiveness.
How to Apply