Project Coordinator Jobs, NGO Jobs in Kenya, Heifer International Jobs
The Project Coordinator, under the management of the Director for Programmes, will assume overall responsibility for the management and coordination of the Food for All Project Kenya, which is implemented in partnership with Solidaridad Eastern and Central Africa Expertise Center, Meru Greens Horticulture, Soil Cares Foundation, and Horticultural Crop Directorate.
This is a five-year € 5,352,986 project funded by Sustainable Entrepreneurship and Food Security Facility (FDOV) in which Heifer International Kenya is responsible for the establishment and strengthening 5 farmer-owned milk marketing organizations through which 10,000 smallholder farmers will be able to sell their milk.
This position is expected to contribute to the development and replication of the hub model in the Heifer Kenya Country Program.
Essential Character Traits
- Heifer International Kenya is looking for a self-motivated and result-oriented person to fil in the position of the Food for All Project Coordinator.
Responsibilities & Deliverables
- Project Management (30%)
- Assume overall responsibility for the management of the Food for All Project including project resources ensuring adherence to the compliance and accountability policies.Producer Organizations Capacity Building (30%).
- Facilitate the transformation of producer organizations (POs) into formal collective enterprises that stimulate rural dairy business hubsProject Reporting (10%).
- Compile the monthly, quarterly and annual project progress reports and submit them on a timely manner.Manage the Delivery of Farmer Training by the Technical Resource Persons (10%)
- With Support from the Animal Wellbeing Manager and the Training Manager, develop and manage the implementation of an extension system to ensure the target farmers are adequately trained according to the project plan.Annual Planning and Budgeting (5%).
- Develop an overall project operational plan aligned to the project log frame that will guide in project implementation.Private Sector Linkages, Partnerships, and Collaboration (5%)
- Provide overall leadership in designing and implementing partnerships that will entail the provision of specialized business advisory services and training to address the commercial needs of various value chain actors within the Food for All project.Monitoring and Evaluation (5%).
- Develop and implement a system for monitoring the delivery and effectiveness of farmer trainingProgram Development and Scaling Up of Hub Models (5%).
- Participate in the development of new initiatives including the scaling up of the Heifer Hub model in Kenya
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in the fields of Agriculture Economics, Business Administration, Entrepreneurship, Enterprise Development or other related fields, plus five (5) years in a mix of economic growth/trade, value chain competitiveness, investment promotion, or agriculture development.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in the fields of Agriculture Economics, Business Administration, Entrepreneurship, Enterprise Development or other related fields, plus five (5) years in a mix of economic growth/trade, value chain competitiveness, investment promotion, or agriculture development.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ management level work experience.
- Significant experience in building public/private partnerships, preferably in the dairy sector.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting business, investment analyses, and capital budgeting and sufficient evidence on how the results were used to develop potentially viable business ideas and subsequently tangible businesses.
- Proven experience in building the capacity of partner institutions, manage knowledge, measure progress and plan and innovate within the dairy industry.
- Demonstrated experience in project management including in donor project budgets management, proposal development, and monitoring and evaluation.
- Demonstrated project reporting and donor reporting experience.
Most Critical Proficiencies
- Strong project cycle management skills and financial management skills including planning, management of project budgets and reporting
- Strong business skills, leadership, strategic and innovation skills.
- Demonstrated creativity, ability to think systematically, willingness and ability to incorporate innovative solutions and design catalytic activities within the value chain (e.g. the concept of quality-based pricing, designing appropriate business models that link hubs to the markets directly etc.).
- Demonstrated knowledge of the latest developments in advancing good/best practices in value chain development.
- Strong communication skills both in English, Swahili, and other local languages of the cluster area.
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement strategies aimed at providing institutional capacity building’ to Producer Organizations with a view to building a more efficient, competitive, and sustainable dairy value chain. This requirement is in line with the need to have in-built ‘exit strategies’ within the project as a measure of ensuring that there are self-sustaining businesses by project end.
- Ability to manage training programs targeted at farmers in animal husbandry, feed, and health.
- Knowledge of and experience in setting up cottage industries for processing locally branded dairy products (e.g. cheese, butter, fortified milk and yogurt among others) for onward supply to niche and markets as well as implementing supply promotion/stimulation strategies in the context of dairy sub-sector.
- Experience in facilitating the establishment of strategic alliances and joint ventures with local and foreign processors.
- Knowledge of equity financing (e.g. venture capital and/or private equity investing).
- Strong computer literacy, preferably with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to individuals diplomatically and tactfully.
- Ability to integrate financial services within a value chain with the view to foster trust and build a strong relationship between chain actors and financial service providers.
- Must be courteous, honest and of high integrity, especially in high-pressure situations.
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to relate to individuals and groups diplomatically and tactfully.
- Self-starter and self-motivator with the ability to work in a multicultural setting.
- Must be a team player and have the ability to execute and manage multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
How to Apply
Quick Read>>>Tips To Nailing Skype Interview Questions