Project Officer Jobs, NGO Jobs in Kenya, Aga Khan Foundation Jobs
For nearly 50 years, the Aga Khan Foundation (AKF) has been partnering with communities, governments and other sectors to improve the quality of life.
AKF’s work is rooted in core values of self-reliance, pluralism, and respect for human dignity. AKF is a member of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), one of the world’s leading poverty solutions networks.
AKDN’s integrated approach makes long-term investments, builds permanent institutions, and cultivates an active civil society, impacting tens of millions of people annually in over 30 countries.
Alongside its sister AKDN agencies, AKF implements innovative, community-driven solutions that are based in decades of experience, learning, and expertise.
- Tucheza Kujifunza (TuKu) delivered by AKF in partnership with LEGO Foundation and Government of Kenya.
- TuKu aims to institutionalise playful pedagogies within formal, non-formal, and informal learning opportunities to equip primary aged children with the knowledge, skills, attitudes, and values they need to contribute effectively to society.
- To achieve this, TuKu will work with national and county governments, education leaders, schools, and institutions, civil society, community partners, and parents to enable teachers and schools to effectively implement the competency-based curriculum using a range of playful learning approaches.
Roles and responsibilities
- Based in Lamu and reporting to the Coast Programme Manager the Project Officer will be responsible for the delivery all project activities on time, on budget, with quality and meeting internal and funding partner compliance.
- Mobilise, engage, and develop strong and collaborative partnerships with principle education actors at the County level, including government, school head teachers and teachers, civil society, and community partners to deliver project activities and embed playful learning;
- Deliver teacher professional development courses aligned to TuKu’s vision of playful learning;
- Support teachers to create playful and impactful learning environments
- Collaborate with 20 Innovation Schools in Lamu to establish an active school networks to inculcate a culture of playful learning in all primary schools in Lamu;
- Deliver Human Centred Design processes to enable schools to develop locally rooted solutions;
- Collaborate with Civil Society Organisations to work with schools to integrate playful learning into school development plans and implement parent engagement strategies;
- Contribute to the planning and delivery of the annual County Learning Event to showcase successful solutions and innovations in playful learning;
- Ensure effective and efficient use of all project resources, and timely reporting of expenditure;
- Data collection and data management of project activities;
- Contribute to the timely submission of quality project reports;
- Any other duties as assigned by the Coast Programme Manager
Key Qualifications and Experience
- A University degree in education, community development or social sciences;
- At least 3 years relevant working experience in education with a strong understanding of the national and county education sector, preferably Primary;
- An in-depth Understanding of the local socio-cultural context in Lamu and community dynamics;
- Demonstrated experience implementing participatory and community driven approaches;
- Proven problem solver with the ability to work in adverse team environment;
- Flexible professional with the ability to manage multiple responsibilities with strict deadlines;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English required;
- Competent in ICT with prior working with Microsoft packages.
How to Apply
Candidates interested in this unique career opportunity with AKF should submit a cover letter, CV and the names and contact information of three professional referees by 31st January 2020 via e-mail to email@example.com with ‘LEGO Project Officer’ in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
AKF is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is Committed to Safeguarding and Promoting the Welfare of Children and Vulnerable Adults and Expects all Staff and Partners to Share this Commitment
The Aga Khan Foundation is an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network (www.akdn.org)