Purchasing Assistant Jobs, Procurement Jobs In Kenya, Kempinski Jobs
Position: Purchasing Assistant
The overall scope of this role is to coordinate and manage all operations of the Purchasing, Receiving and Storeroom Department. Reporting to the Ass. Purchasing Manger, the incumbent will be responsible for safeguarding the financial integrity and stability of the hotel a minimize any exposure to potential risks. To ensure that all departments of the hotel have adequate supplies to perform their duties. To continuously research and find new and alternative products to improve the operations.
- Ensuring all operational needs are met consistently and in a timely manner.
- Ensuring best products are obtained at the best quality and price available.
- Ensuring new products are continuously sourced, and hotel is kept up to date with latest trends and products.
- Actively supporting and implementing Talent Development initiatives as a part of their daily activities.
- Identifying training talents in their department and throughout the hotels and actively support their career development.
- Responsible for following and understanding all Kempinski Policies & Procedures.
- Responsible for behaving in a professional and harmonious manner and following the Kempinski code of conduct.
- Responsible for maintaining a good relationship with business partners.
- Responsible for keeping up to date with latest trends and products.
- Responsible for working together with the Chef in order to obtain the best products and prices available; reviewing market list and offers daily.
- Responsible for ensuring that competitive bidding is taking place and that business is awarded fairly and ethically.
- Responsible for monitoring slow moving and dead stock as well as keeping the stock levels in accordance with operational needs.
- Responsible for ensuring that all deliveries and issues are documented and processed correctly.
- Responsible for ensuring that communication is taking place with all departments in regard to matters that would in any way affect the operation.
- Responsible for ensuring that all areas are secure, organized and clean.
- Responsible for supervising, training and motivating the Purchasing department staff.
- Responsible for disciplinary actions, evaluations, scheduling, etc.
- Responsible for performing any additional duties assigned by the Ass. Purchasing Manager and assisting in other areas of Finance as needed.
- Responsible for communicating with Financial Controller on any discrepancies or other potential problems.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
- Degree/Diploma in Finance/ Accounting/Purchasing/Supply Chain.
- 2-3 years experience in a similar role
- Experience in accounting software is a plus
- Knowledge of the generally accepted accounting principles and local regulations
- Proficiency in Excel and Word
- Experience in a similar role and proven track record may be considered in lieu of specialized education.
- Applies a professional, confidential and ethical approach at all times
- Works in a safe, prudent and organized manner
- Ability to handle high volume with attention to detail
How to Apply