Purchasing Assistant Jobs, Hotel Jobs in Kenya, Villa Rosa Kempinski Jobs
Villa Rosa Kempinski is a Five Star luxury hotel situated on Chiromo Road, the hotel is just a 5-minute drive to the city centre, and 20 km from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.
The hotel boasts of 200 stylishly-designed and tastefully-decorated rooms and suites spread on 10 floors, 5 themed restaurants, varied conference rooms plus Kempinski The Spa.
- The overall scope of this role is to coordinate and manage all operations of the Purchasing, Receiving and Storeroom Department.
- Reporting to the Ass. Purchasing Manger, the incumbent will be responsible for safeguarding the financial integrity and stability of the hotel a minimize any exposure to potential risks.
- To ensure that all departments of the hotel have adequate supplies to perform their duties.
- To continuously research and find new and alternative products to improve the operation and reduce costs.Main Responsibilities
- Ensuring all operational needs are met consistently and in a timely manner.
- Ensuring best products are obtained at the best quality and price available.
- Ensuring new products are continuously sourced, and hotel is kept up to date with latest trends and products.
- Actively supporting and implementing Talent Development initiatives as a part of their daily activities.
- Identifying training talents in their department and throughout the hotels and actively support their career development.
- Responsible for following and understanding all Kempinski Policies & Procedures.
- Responsible for behaving in a professional and harmonious manner and following the Kempinski code of conduct.
- Responsible for maintaining a good relationship with business partners.
- Responsible for keeping up to date with latest trends and products.
- Responsible for working together with the Chef in order to obtain the best products and prices available; reviewing market list and offers daily.
- Responsible for ensuring that competitive bidding is taking place and that business is awarded fairly and ethically.
- Responsible for monitoring slow moving and dead stock as well as keeping the stock levels in accordance with operational needs.
- Responsible for ensuring that all deliveries and issues are documented and processed correctly.
- Responsible for ensuring that communication is taking place with all departments in regard to matters that would in any way affect the operation.
- Responsible for ensuring that all areas are secure, organized and clean.
- Responsible for supervising, training and motivating the Purchasing department staff.
- Responsible for disciplinary actions, evaluations, scheduling, etc.
- Responsible for performing any additional duties assigned by the Ass. Purchasing Manager and assisting in other areas of Finance as needed.
- Responsible for communicating with Financial Controller on any discrepancies or other potential problems.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.Qualifications
- Degree/Diploma in Finance/ Accounting/Purchasing/Supply Chain.
- 2-3 years experience in a similar role
- Experience in accounting software is a plus
- Knowledge of the generally accepted accounting principles and local regulations
- Proficiency in Excel and Word
- Experience in a similar role and proven track record may be considered in lieu of specialized education.
- Applies a professional, confidential and ethical approach at all times
- Works in a safe, prudent and organized manner
- Ability to handle high volume with attention to detailHow to Apply
Dateline; 29th January 2020
Quick Read>>> How To Make Your Job search successful This Year